🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Tandem Bank credit card woes

Options

Comments

• dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    To those who are happy with the card - @eDicky, @Jolly Gardener, @grumpycamel - do you think you will continue to use it when the cashback drops to something like 0.25%?
    Even at 0.25% it would still be a decent choice for overseas purchases as cashback on these is very difficult to come by.
  • SlovakianGuy
    SlovakianGuy Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    gm7282 wrote: »
    There is no Account Services page on either the app or the website, so anything like (eg) seeing or changing your direct debit require a phone call, and simple questions like 'when will you take my direct debit' take several minutes (sic) to answer.

That's the reason I did not apply. If they had normal website for account management, I would apply. But app-only is useless to me.
    The same with Atom bank. They replied: "The reason we don't use a normal website is because it is cheaper for us to run via the app as there is less overhead cost. This means that what we're saving can be passed back to the customer in the form of better interest rates etc."

Is it really too expensive for a bank to run a website?
  • allan1954
    allan1954 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    today cant log in to the app so this means another £3 phone call think its time to pay what I owe and close the account.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    allan1954 wrote: »
    today cant log in to the app so this means another £3 phone call think its time to pay what I owe and close the account.
    You pay £3 to call an 020 number..??

What's your log in problem?
    Evolution, not revolution
  • allan1954
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    You pay £3 to call an 020 number..??

What's your log in problem?

40p per minute from ee phone the app says cant log in try again so i have changed the password and its working now.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    allan1954 wrote: »
    40p per minute from ee phone
    No need to pay more than 3p - switch to Three or O2 Classic PAYG.

I'm still hoping Tandem can give their app a major revamp soon, it sure needs it.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • allan1954
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    No need to pay more than 3p - switch to Three or O2 Classic PAYG.

I'm still hoping Tandem can give their app a major revamp soon, it sure needs it.

going to do this when I have spent the credit on ee.
  • SlovakianGuy
    SlovakianGuy Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 June 2018 at 11:30AM
    Options
    Why close the account? Switch it :)

Edit: Ahh sorry, they don't have a current account yet :D
  • woefulsaver
    Options
    Very enlightening thread.

I was about to apply for the credit card, the 0.5% cashback looks very attractive and it's a mastercard, so no Amex worries.

However after reading this thread, I'm quite reluctant to apply.

I'm really not interested in the account aggregation feature or whatever, just the credit card, but it sounds like the app is a bit rubbish?

Can anyone tell me if the app has some sort of download to CSV option? Judging by the paper statements, I suspect not...
  • dj1471
    dj1471 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if the app has some sort of download to CSV option? Judging by the paper statements, I suspect not...
    Nope. The app is crap but frankly so long as they pay the cashback each month (which they do) I couldn't care less.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport