The long haul supporters thread...

Options

Comments

• TEK_2
    TEK_2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, we are very pleased poorbabe, both done extra hours/unsociable working hours to earn quite abit extra & also my Xmas tips from customers have helped out. We have had the best Xmas in a long while & coming out of it with less debt is the icing on the cake!! We have made some small changes like if we have to go into town OH puts a casserole in the slow cooker, so we don't get tempted to go to pub for a few drinks & a bite to eat, as we have the casserole to look forward to when we get home. It is nice to go for a few drinks & a meal now & again, but we were doing this every time we passed the local Wetherspoons:rolleyes:! We are also going to have a massive declutter! We are both off work this month for a week so really going to blitz the house! Good luck to everyone in 2010, keep chipping away!!
    DEBT AT LBM(1/7/07)-£35,052.19 DEBT (31/08/10) Average amount paid off P.M. £67.96 Paid off so far £2582.68(7.3%) Target to pay off in 2010 £2,340.14/£3,600 LH Supporter(165) DFD September 2110:eek:
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new decade!! Lol poorbabe am in the process of doing same - new lodger moves in mid Jan so I have to make room for her! Just taken decs down and hoovered so now just kitchen to sort and eat through freezer contents so I can defrost it! Some soup in there that has been there an age so will chuck that but almost there - amazing what lurks isnt it!!
    Debating whether to start doing online grocery shopping this year as that is where I really go awry as get tempted by bogof's etc...determined to crack it though as its the final bastion to conquer! So far have given up smoking, cut down on drinking, much better on mindless spending (but still do on occasion but now its 10 instead of 1000)..plus generally much happier at home so all in all not bad. Once I've sorted the w*** situation out I'll be well on the way...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• ramblingtree
    Options
    Happy New Year to all Long Haulers!!!
    Have had a week without internet, which is actually quite nice but have lots of forum catching up to do.
    Well done to all who have managed to reduce the debt, and to those who've had a christmas splurge, hope you get back on debt busting track for 2010!
    I had a nice 4 no spend days with my family being looked after. Had a fairly expensive new years eve as went out with friends to a restaurant then a bar, but Christmas day was a fairly quiet cheap affair so not too bad.

Firestronaut - Welcome! have some hugs from me too. Even if you want to post the problems, we're here to listen to those too! Hope 2010 brings you lots of positivity.
    xx
  • Jewelleryfan
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=98
    Jewellry fan you may feel happier on the mortgage free board as they will have the same aims as you. Not that youre not welcome :) but peoples issues/struggles on here will be very different from your own. Linky above for you!
    Sorry that things tough fire - hang in there!

Thanks very much for the link, i didnt even realise there was a mortgage free board! :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year! :j
    Saving my pennies for my wedding on 10th August 2013! :D :j
    First date 28/01/2010 :) Engaged 25/08/2011 :D Getting married 10/08/2013 :j
  • mumto2monkeys_2
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!!! :j :j

I'm back from my parents, after two weeks of not having to worry about grocery shopping, work or any of the rest of the daily grind.

Now, I'm back to it. I've meal planned and ordered shopping. We will be having tea scraped from tins in the cupboard (I'm trying to ignore DHs pleas for pizza).

My biggest challenge is to lose more weight. When I first started being a DFW (end of August) up to the beginning of December, I lost over a stone and a half in weight just by budgeting and controlling portions in aim to save cash. December went badly, and I've put back on loads. It's too embarrassing to admit to. Anyway, I want to get back on track so that I lose what I've re-gained, and more, and save money.

Big hopes for 2010. :D
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    :DHappy New Year to all the longhaulers :j:j:j

Just popping in to update, have only been seriously Debt busting since Feb09 as before that we could only just make min pmts if that:eek:
    Anyhow, since Feb 09 ( debt £60,812 :eek:) have paid off £15,518......no of ccs now down from 9 + loan to 5 + loan. Still a very long way to go, but ever hopeful, just need a bit of a boost after the last 2 weeks of indulgence. Good luck to all other LH, we will get there:D:D:D
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Paid off £2330 in 09 so fairly happy with that. Been good at keeping spends down buttoday willbe tough as DD1 just had £10 for school lunches and there are a few essentials needed ie loo roll so must go shopping :eek:.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    sashanut wrote: »
    :DAnyhow, since Feb 09 ( debt £60,812 :eek:) have paid off £15,518......no of ccs now down from 9 + loan to 5 + loan. :D:D:D

:j:beer::j Welldone thats great progress :j
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • TEK_2
    TEK_2 Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,how is everybody! Got today & Monday off work & could have worked them as overtime, but turned it down. Don't want to sound like a whinger but work been getting me down lately. Feel guilty for saying that really with so many people out of a job, but just can't get motivated to do any extra hours, especially with all the snow & ice out there! By the middle of the year there will more than likely be alot less overtime so in a way want to get into the habit of trying to cut our outgoings, rather than knackering ourselves out trying to earn as much as we can! Yes the extra money's nice but the extra hours leaves us both shattered & means things like housework doesn't get done as thoroughly as it should, which leads to us arguing! So for the time being at least, going to try & get by on our basic wages, as long as we can clear £300 a month then we'll be happy! Hope everyone else is OK,keep up the good work!!
    DEBT AT LBM(1/7/07)-£35,052.19 DEBT (31/08/10) Average amount paid off P.M. £67.96 Paid off so far £2582.68(7.3%) Target to pay off in 2010 £2,340.14/£3,600 LH Supporter(165) DFD September 2110:eek:
  • mumto2monkeys_2
    Options
    My work is a drag at the moment too. I think it's the same in a lot of places. I'm hoping as things start to improve around the country that it becomes less pressured. I'm public sector so I think the election has an impact as well - the government want to show they are getting lots done, so we get bombarded with new initiatives. It makes me feel very fed up and tired. It's like everything that we do is never good enough, they just come back with a heap more.

I sound like such a moaner!!!

Don't even get me started on snow... :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:(Secretly I love it, but it doesn't half cause chaos!)

Happy Saturday long haulers :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport