What small DFW things will you do w/c12th March?

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all. Currently waiting for a train that running late to go to the big smoke for work. Waiting room is packed, urgh!!!

I have a seat booked but that doesn’t mean anything. At least I got cash back on my ticket. Every cloud and all that!

Other things today:
    Text DH as forgot to get chicken out for tea
    Both to the gym to use membership, I have bag in car to go en route
    Small has packed lunch and packed tea with things in fridge. Needs packed tea as is going back to school for a performance and won’t have time for anything else.
    Dry some washing on airer that washed overnight
    Quick tidy round
    Check banking
    Make 1st sourdough from starter tonight
    Free lunch at work

Think that’ll be about it. Have a good day peeps.
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

I have to do a lot of miles in my car and get 45p mileage rate. Which means I get a ridiculous amount back in expenses. I've decided above and beyond petrol costs I will split it each month to car piggy (probably going to need more maintenance as have an old car) & over paying mortgage :T (apart from any cheeky expenses I have :p. I need a new coat but have seen a couple I like on fleabay :cool:)

I do this too determined - its like a nice little bonus every month.

Not much to report here at present but I happened to mention to my mum about the electrics in the garage and she's sending my step dad rounf to see if he can fix it. Fingers crossed!
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 March 2018 at 12:31PM
    Options
    Hi March Money Magicians,

Shuffling off to work later, pouting. That place is not bringing me joy lately. I'm taking Saturday as a holiday.

Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Three:

* Work very hard on my own mental health issues. Do Holistrio App.

* Check online banking and broadband usage.

* Turned off alarm clock until tonight, it resets itself automatically.

* Take a packed lunch to work.

* Broadband and mobile bills will be lower this month. :)

* Charge mobile at work.

* Homemade sausage rolls for lunch.

To live without risk is to risk not living.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • LiveLifeFull
    LiveLifeFull Posts: 108 Forumite
    edited 16 March 2018 at 11:40AM
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I think I'm being a bit too ambitious with my lists. I work full time, so when I get home, dinner is made, bath is on, and its chill time. Then, when I don't complete my lists, I get cross with myself :rotfl:

TO DO LIST
    - Dinner from stores: I've got chicken in the fridge, with some veg. DONE
    - Make lunch for tomorrow from stores. Tuna pasta salad? NOT DONE
    - Read a book (not buying anymore until I've read most of the ones I already own). NOT DONE
    - Put dry washing away.NOT DONE
    - Quick tidy round living room, kitchen and bathroom. NOT DONE
    - Double check enough is left in the food shopping pot until the 24th when I get paid. DONE
    - Pluck my own eyebrows (instead of paying someone else). NOT DONE

I'm going to leave the hovering until the weekend. I just don't have the energy after a long day. Especially because I haven't taken any annual leave since New Year! :eek:
    My CC - Feb 18 £849.69 July 18 £0.00
    My OD - Feb 18 £1250.00 July 18 £1250.00
    OH CC - Feb 18 £976.00 July 18 £1852.00
    OH OD - Feb 18 £500.00 July 18 £0.00
    TOTAL OD/CC DEBT: Feb 18 £3575.69 Mar 18 £3490.95Apr 18 £3257.78 July 18: £3102.00
    OD/CC DEBT FREE DATE: DECEMBER 2018 :)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,136 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Frugalistas,
    A few useful bits & pieces of money saving today:
    *Sorted ironing pile really well & decided only 3 garments were crinkly enough to iron......that's my kind of ironing....done in 10 mins.
    *No salad left so did a round-up of odds & ends of veg & did a stir-fry instead.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Did my mid-month budget check-in.
    *Updated outgoings spreadsheet.
    *Paid another 2 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Entered a prize draw.
    *Did a couple of surveys.
    *Registered with new vet. Love our old vets but their out of hours service requires a 44 mile round trip for us & that's not ideal when transporting a poorly animal, esp one like ours, who hates being in his cat carrier box & unnecessary fuel too, when we could be registered with one less than 2 miles away which is open at weekends.
    *Knit more of my yarn stash into throw for sofa.
    That's it for today, really. I decided to spend a chunk of this afternoon knitting & watching a box set. It felt like such a treat!
    Might have to knock up a meal plan in a minute. Mr f is talking about getting an online delivery in case the snow in the east this weekend is as bad as forecast. Booo to more snow. Nobody wants the bloody stuff in March. That's for daffodils & chocolate eggs.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all :)

I'm just waiting for a MrT delivery, I have a one month free trial which I'm surprised they allowed me as I used to have delivery saver. I also used my Clubcard vouchers to pay for some of it.

I joined the library today so I could use their printer to print my Amazon label :D I really must start borrowing some books too, I've got out of the reading habit.

I checked out my new free tyres and three of them are MASSIVE! They must be lorry tyres but it means I won't have to stack them and they fit perfectly along the wall. I will use the other three down the side when I get around to it.

I visited two garden centres looking for raspberry canes, one hadn't had them in yet and the other didn't have much choice so I didn't buy any, I will try the more expensive but wonderful experience one tomorrow. I want to get one early, one middle and one late fruiting one. I did buy some half price trailing cherry tomato seedlings which I have potted on.

Finally my P45 arrived and also my final payslip and I have been paid more than I thought I would get which is good news! I have enough to pay all this months bills and card money will cover food.

Tonight I plan to swap a working small TV for the larger but temperamental one in the sitting room.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been out today, so not much moneysaving going on, especially as OH was driving faster than the speed limit and I think was zapped by a speed trap thingy :mad:
    Went to market in next town first thing, then to visit DD1, who lives about an hour and a half away, so no huge expenses, unless OH DID get caught by that speed trap :(
    Cold and rainy here, but we lit the stove once we got back, so it is toasty in here :)
    Had a huge lunch at DD's, so neither of us wants much in the way of dinner - might have some crackers and cheese in a minute.
    Must update spends from today onto spreadsheet...
    And plan what needs doing tomorrow :)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 15 March 2018 at 10:11PM
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    Been out today, so not much moneysaving going on, especially as OH was driving faster than the speed limit and I think was zapped by a speed trap thingy :mad:

Many of the Gatso-type work on film...and the film runs out quite quickly, but the camera will continue to flash regardless.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    DawnW wrote: »
    :)

Damn, I got caught by one a few years back and, if it's a first offence, you have the option to go on a course rather than get points on your license.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    Damn, I got caught by one a few years back and, if it's a first offence, you have the option to go on a course rather than get points on your license.

HE may have the option etc...
    Not sure, as he had a couple of speeding tickets years ago when he was a teenager. Hope, as Ally suggests, the bloody film had run out!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure