5K replies 321.4K views

Replies

• edited 24 October at 6:52PM
    EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    11.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 24 October at 6:52PM
    Was that the Amex card Cheery? We’ve always put that one off because of the restricted places that take it but it might be worth doing just short term to get the cashback - it’s not like there’s any others out there offering hard cash these days is it! 

We’re looking to trim things a bit in November too - probably just ordinary frugal rather than Uber frugal but more than happy to keep you company on a belt-tightening month. For us it will be mainly the food spends I think, plus working to get ahead of ourselves on the CC thing. Plus for me chipping away at that 0% card - the sooner it’s gone the sooner I get the money I’m paying to it back each month! 
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 :D
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    36.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such progress on the house, Cheery, that's great!  And the bills, well I guess there's some to be trimmed off food and household, but not much, really not, especially in light of the huge increases in some items recently - my 250g of mango chutney went up from £1 to 1.59, and I was so shocked I cancelled it for my Thursday delivery  :D I'd like to see if I can make my own fruit chutney at one stage or another.  Or at least plump up some raisins overnight and chuck them in an ordinary chutney  :D

As for actual belt tightening - I was thinking of you yesterday, as my niece in law that I met up with now goes to SW :) though no gym any more, not with a 7 month old baby  <3  

Good luck with the November figures :) 
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021.......... Bunny hugger
    October 2021: aiming for £5,000 new money for premium bonds or a car.