IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parkingeye fine - Aire Street Leeds

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Good!

When you get to submit comments on the evidence for your case, you could say that in POPLA case xxxxxxxxxx about another Aire Street ParkingEye victim who took 16 minutes to stop, locate the machines & signs, read terms and decide to leave this pebbly pot-holed mess of a car park, Assessor (name Name) found that 16 minutes was a reasonable grace period to check signs and leave that particular car park. Therefore it follows, if POPLA is to be consistent, that 15 minutes in the same awful car park is also within the grace period, given the facts of the location.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Silvercloud18
    Options
    Great idea thank you!

She's going to look at how to contact her MP etc about this carpark as it's in her local areas, not mine, needs a stop putting to it!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is a horrendous cash cow.

There are so many cases like this one about Aire Street, they must make more money from the people who don't actually stop & park their car for any length of time there, than from those who do.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Silvercloud18
    Options
    It knocks me sick that it's not properly regulated!!!

My boyfriend says I'd make an argument
    In an empty room so I would have never took this lying down however, someone less confident would just pay up to the £60 "reduced fee". The most laughable bit was when they advised me they would gesture the reduction if I paid after my appeal to them was declined!!
  • Silvercloud18
    Options
    As thought parking eye have uploaded their evidence pack with the standar pics in the day time from 2014 and their contract with big black chunks covering writing that isn't even legible as it looks like they've zoomed in too much.

Is there a way I can upload this or do you guys know it as their standard one?

I did note that they have a section saying they have a reasonable grace period but don't say how long! Typical!!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you can use a file hosting site if you really feel that you need to, but what you should be doing is a short rebuttal for popla based on redacted contract , incorrect or poor signage photos etc, pull their evidence apart , concentrating on the main issues that prove your case or consign theirs to the bin by their own admission

check if it is or was "in date" , signed and dated by the landowner, or a chain linking back to the landowner (not a witness statement) etc

post it here for critique when its done , but remember you only had 7 days to file it , so get a shift on , lol

hint - also look for previous rebuttals on here and maybe adapt one
  • Silvercloud18
    Options
    Take that back say they offer grace period of 10 mins or more... hmm
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    yeah, they will as its in the BPA CoP

check the wording of the BPA CoP , on 2 grace periods if a driver parks up, or the grace period allowed to enter, read the signs , and leave

so 10 minutes , OR MORE

remember, driving round looking for a space is not "parking" , as seen in a court case in Altrincham a few years back by Ivor Pecheque and Fistral Beach
  • Silvercloud18
    Options
    10 mins or more kinda is very open isn't it.

Thanks I used that heavily in my appeal about the surface and the lack of marked our bays so never even parked up so I will use it again against them.

One of their own pics show how bad the rubble is in the car park which is good as I used that too.

Their pics are 2/3 years old as well.
  • Elysander
    Elysander Posts: 99 Forumite
    Options
    Can you show us what PE are alleging is their contract to issue pcns at this site? We have previously seen several appellant wins at POPLA due to PE including an illegible document in their evidence packs which POPLA assessors have been unable to read.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure