2019 Wedding

Options

Comments

• kdalwayskint
    Options
    :eek: OMG!

Do any of you have an idea of timings for your day?

We have ordered our invitations for the wedding, and I was messing with the template for the evening invites and I put in 'from 7.30pm' and asked H2B what he thought, initially I was just asking about the design and layout but he said have you thought about the run of the day?

We've had a chat about timings, but we aren't sure about it all, help!

So far we have -
    2pm wedding
    3pm arrival drinks at the rugby club
    4pm food
    5pm speeches

H2B doesn't think food will be an hour so between 4-5 could be food and speeches, but then what do we do with everyone from 5 until 7/7.30?

Also, when do we do cake and first dance?

This the first time we've just looked at each other and are a bit overwhelmed! :(

Thanks in advance for any help and advice x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • joyknights
    Options
    Congratulations in advance. 10 years is indeed worth the wait. Best wishes in advance!
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    kdalwayskint i'm really sorry i'm not sure about timings,
    we've still got to do our marriage notice to get the basics of the day sorted.

All i know is, i say "I do" and become his wife at 2:45pm lmao

I designed our invites and RSVP cards , was massively impressed.

I also emailed a few DJ's to ask for prices . I was going to do it ourselves but there would be too much to man by ourselves and i want my friends to enjoy the day and not worry about helping.

I will need arrange a day to view our local hall before we book it as they want us to,
    they won't allow us to book it without seeing it.

its been hard at the moment because he's had severe depression for the past week and i've held off from wedding planning with him for a while. I just want him to focus on getting better.

i'm feeling i'm getting some tasks sorted finally.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Roo89
    Roo89 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Can finally join in this thread, as we've booked our wedding date, 12th October 2019.

I'm very excited although does feel a bit odd as I still don't have an engagement ring, but H2B picked the date and the deposit has been paid so we're definitely getting married, guess we're just doing things a little out of the normal order lol

We've been together 6 years, just bought our first house, and the wedding is the next step, we're having a twilight wedding in Kent, and I'm so excited!

Booked our photographer too, which was a big deal for me as I'm very fussy with photography - I used to be a wedding photographer - next big thing is my dress :D
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Congratulations Roo89 and welcome :) I've added you to the first post x
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hey Roo89 ! congrats
    eh, why be normal!

Today I purchased 5 packs of 20 favor boxes for our guests to fill with the sweets from our candy bar , they were £1 for 20. I was originally looking for save the dates but paperchase only had evening invites and only 3 packets of 10 - i need between 80 and 100!

I've hit another family crisis. my auntie & cousin stirred a few of my facebook posts and has now turned my whole entire family against me, my parents are not talking to me and don't believe me when i've sent them what i actually meant by the posts and how they've stirred it up to make me look bad.

I guess it'll just be my future hubbys family & a few of my friends at our wedding now.
    Luckily, i view his side like my very own family. his mums been more like a mum to me than my own have. Nothing i can do will fix this situation so i'm letting myself part from my family. i'm here if they want me but i'm not going to go out of my way. damage is done and don't want anything to do with them. not even the nan i get on with because she too thought it was okay for what my dad did and called me unpleasant as she just read what my auntie and cousins posted about me and not what i sent my mum. oh well.

I also purchased a few things for my bridal proposal bags - i have 'team bride' purses that i'd like to do a little emergency kit with.

Also had a few quotes from Djs,
    #1 is £310 that can provide dj'ing with our choice of songs, confetti camera and lights/lasers
    #2 is £295 that can provide Dj'ing, lights and a photobooth with all the gear for it
    Will need to talk to the f.h about these but as he's started his new job today & recently got over his stint of depression, i don't want to overwhelm him.

Both more expensive that i wanted but have now thought to myself that
    music, food & photography are more important to me than decorations.

i actually don't see the point in spending loads on items that i will only ever use once for decor.
    I will have some but not excessive amounts.
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • BeckyAP
    BeckyAP Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Apricity glad to hear your OH is feeling better.
    When it comes to the DJ haggle!! I got a DJ quote through and said I couldn't really afford that so they brought it down by a bit.
    I would have paid the original price if I had to but managed to save me some pennies!!
    You're doing the right thing by not stressing about the family drama. A wedding is your day to share with who you want rather than expectations of who should and shouldn't be there.
    At my current guestlist rate, it's all my family (about 25 of us) and just a few of his because that's who he wants and so be it!

kdalwayskint I've got a bit of a plan for timings - ceramony is at 4pm for half an hour. 1.5hr drinks/canapes reception with evening guest arriving from 6pm onwards.
    Food from 7ish and maybe cake/speaches from about 8/8.30.
    Having a later wedding means I've had a chance to plan more because I've got less to plan in!
    But also you can do whatever you want - if you want to cut the cake after the speeches because everyone's already there and listening then go for it!

My OH has put himself in charge of the honeymoon planning. I think he's aiming to spend whatever money we have left from the budget on the honeymoon. There are so many places I'd love to go to, I'm not too fussed where we go. I have told him that I want to travel first class, even if it's just one way to see what's it like. It's never going to happen otherwise! :rotfl:
  • SavingAFuture
    Options
    For my timings plan I had to work backwards.
    Our venue is an early finish so all music must be off by 10:45 and guests out by 11:00 p.m. This means we've invited evening guests from 6:30 so they get a good amount of time at the party, with cake & first dance around 7 p.m.
    Since it's quite early we're having our ceremony at 12:00 to make the most of the day (the church is really near our house, so very little travelling time needed). Then it's just a case of deciding how much time to allocate for the bits in between (travel, arrival drinks, photos, food, speeches) and arranging accordingly. I don't know if this might work for you?
    Best,
    SaF x
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi guys

apricity
    - Sorry to hear you're having a rubbish time at the moment apricity, I'm very lucky that although my parents divorced when I was very small I've never had any family arguments to deal with, so don't have any advice to offer with what to do, except that I echo what BeckyAP says, you don't need any additional stress x
    - I'm glad your other half is feeling better. My H2B also suffers with depression from time to time with varying amounts of how low he gets. He classes himself as a 'depressive', but he has not used medication for about 5 years, these days he recognises when he is feeling low and will talk to me about it. He says that he's at the best he has been mentally for a long time.
    - I think your DJ quote for £295 with photobooth is very good, DJs around us are quoting £200-£250, with no added extras, and I've seen photobooths advertised for more than £200.

BeckyAP and SaF
    - Thanks for sharing your timing plans with me, it gives us something to work on. My H2B would have preferred a later time slot so that we only have to feed people once, but the register office only had 2pm left on the date we wanted.

We haven't really thought much about a honeymoon, except that we might sort passports out after we've had our appointment to give notice :)
    new challenge?
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
  • apricity
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    BeckyAP -
    Thank you for those tips , i will try and haggle a little bit.

SAF -
    Thanks for sharing your order of the day plans,
    this'll come in handy for a lot of us , i think.

KD,
    Things with my parents are looking up but not talking to the rest of my family as I'm still hurt and shocked. Me + My dad had a huge heart to heart about what happened and he apologised for the stuff he's done to me as well as saying hes not talking to his mum (my nan) or my auntie (the one started this) as he finally realised that they stir things and my nan don't believe him.

Thats really good for him! My fella doesn't find it easy at all to speak to me about it because when hes like that he just wants to be alone. I think as well he doesn't want me to be worried about what he's feeling or thinking.

Yeah, I was shocked when i read that.
    They have their own photo props and backdrop
    and will upload online or do a usb stick.
    Saves me another £200 !
    I think i will go with them but will let the hubs to be pick.

Updates
    We're all booked in to view our reception venue for next saturday at 3pm
    it'll be nice to see what we have to work with and gain some ideas. Hopefully it'll be sound and we can place the deposit for it.

Then after we can book the DJ

I haven't even thought about a honeymoon!
    just a weekend away would be nice. maybe to wales or devon.
    It'll be the very last thing we plan though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure