2019 Wedding

Options

Comments

• apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    congrats ivysmom!

and i bet that was lovely to see the place, KD!
    What dod you think of it after seeing it?
    I guess that is fair, KD!

My progress
    * about to bookk the DJ who can provide the photobooth
    * M.I.L sent my hubby £500
    * i've just filled out our save the date cards & decorated them, attached magnet strip to them
    * wrote a guest list for the ceremony but need hubs to look at add/cross anyone off before i can send save the dates out
    * need to contact another caterer again, as no response in last 4 weeks!
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • Devonbiker
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hope all is going well for everyone!
    Just a bit of a progress report ......
    Had engagement party, sister turned up after all! �� was a fab party though, everyone had a great time.
    Venue is booked, photographer is booked, stared legal stuff with registrar and found my dress at the weekend!
    I absolutely adore it! Its a Catherine Parry dress called Daniela and I literally cannot wait to wear it!
    On the downside, bloody house builder has delayed our house for 4 MONTHS!!! not happy at all!

At least wedding is on track so far ��
  • Roo89
    Roo89 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Small progress made, we've booked the cake, my hair and makeup is booked too, managed to get them for half the price by going with companies local to the venue, so no extra cost just because it's London. The quotes we were getting from people local to us were ridiculous, in comparison, to what we're actually paying.

Paying the deposit for the DJ today, and booking a selfiegram with them too. Guests can upload photo's from the wedding to an app and then their photos get displayed on screens around the venue, it's monitored so no dodgy photos will get through and we get a usb at the end of the night with all the pictures on.

I just thought it sounded like a great way to get extra photos and hopefully people will be more relaxed because it's not a formal photo which can make some people tense.

Booked our appointment to give notice, it's not until March though as that was the first available saturday and H2B can't get time off work easily during the week.

Been brainstorming honeymoon destinations and failing to pick somewhere, it's finding the balance between what we want and what we can afford :rotfl:

I'm a nervous flyer too so we need to think about how long we'll be on the plane and if it's a direct flight or not.

I'm battling with one of my bridesmaids over flowers too, I'm not that bothered about flowers, but I do want a bouquet, and it's a late ceremony so I thought I could just get some ribbon and then get some daisies from Tesco or something, but my bridesmaid says I can't do that, and I have to go to a proper florist. I just think it's a waste of money, if I can get a bunch of daisies for say £10, why would I pay a florist £75-100 for a bunch of daisies instead? They're still just daisies
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    Hi everyone.

We haven't done a great deal lately.

I've posted my share of the invites and got replies from a couple already :) H2B still needs to do his.

H2B had a chat with his daughters this weekend and it went very well, we'll see how they feel after thinking about it though. The younger one is definitely up for being a bridesmaid and wearing a dress, the older one as expected has said she's not wearing a dress and will wear a suit!

Dress and suit hunt now on!

Roo89 - it's up to you how you want to spend your budget. I made a bouquet for my sister when she got married a few years ago, used supermarket finest roses, she was really pleased. If it was just up to me, I would go and buy loads of supermarket flowers the day before and make my own table arrangements, button holes and bouquets but H2B has insisted on artificial and some shop bought arrangements, I guess we can get on and sort them out well in advance!

Hope you are all getting on ok x
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • IvysMom
    IvysMom Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Update for me. Registry office booked and reservation fee paid. Photographer booked, family friend so getting mates rates :). Hair booked, another friend who is already my hairdresser, so we are going to do "trials" for my updo at every highlight appointment between now and the wedding. Make up booked for day and trial. Yet another friend is making my brooch bouquet. I am a very lucky girl. For the save the dates I set up a facebook event.

There are lots of things we aren't doing in order to save money and stress on the day, otherwise I would turn into bridezilla on the run up, so the less I can stress about the happier everyone else will be. So we aren't doing:

Paper invites - setting up free wedding website and will put all of the info on there instead.
    Flowers
    Speeches
    Cake
    First dance
    Cars - there are always lots of lovely wedding cars outside the venue so planning on bunging the driver £20 and taking some photos next to one :)

The one thing I am unsure of is whether to get a caterer or do the food myself. We only want picnic food as the reception is in the park and getting quotes of nearly £500 for some sandwiches and sausage rolls seems high. So considering doing the majority of food myself the day before and using a local sandwich shop to do the sandwiches on the day, they will deliver to the house and I can get my Mom to take them to the venue in her car. Parents are doing a booze run next year for the drinks :beer:
    Roo89 - I think my response to the bridesmaid would be "oh its so nice of you to pay for the flowers, we could never have afforded them from a florist" watch her quickly back track or even better actually pay for them :T. Your money, your wedding, do what you want to do.
  • Devonbiker
    Options
    Roo, we recently had our engagement party, it wasn't local to me, so was a pain to do the catering myself.
    I found that Morrisons do food to order and it wasn't overly expensive.
    I ordered loads of sandwiches and the party guests raved about them. You order in advance and can go and collect them on the morning. I also found a voucher code that knocked £12 off!
    Really saved me time and stress on the morning of the party :)

Just a suggestion
  • kdalwayskint
    Options
    H2B has now sent his invites out :)

We've discussed sweetie tables today, any of you thought about a sweet cart/table?

Where are you getting your supplies from and have you found a cart or are you just going to have a table with jars etc on?

What's everyone else doing at the moment?
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
  • Roo89
    Roo89 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Flowers are sorted finally!

I'm having a dried flower bouquet it's £30 but we're making the bridesmaid's flowers and buttonholes ourselves so I can handle £30 on dried flowers, they're gorgeous colours and at least I'm not spending money on something that will die the next day.

We've selected bridesmaid dresses, but waiting to buy them as it's a year away I'm concerned about size fluctuation. Two of my bridesmaids are actively trying to lose weight (not for the wedding but one for health and one baby weight) so they could drop a size or two, and my cousin is 13 - will be 14 at the wedding and I'm sure she'll have a growth spurt.

It was a bit of a nightmare finding a dress that came in sizes 12 - 24 (in case no one changes size) but we've found a lovely dress by MAYA that Next sell, it's a pale dusty pink with a sequin top and short sleeves. I'm not too worried on colour to be honest as long as I can get the dress in the right sizes and it's not white or black I'm happy. I don't want to spend a fortune as we're already projected to go over budget! It all adds up so quickly

Started making the aisle decorations too, and H2B is a graphic designer so he's sorting out our save the dates, I've finished our wedding website and app (all free via withjoy.com)

Think I'm ahead enough that I can completely relax over christmas and then start wedding planning again in the new year
  • apricity
    apricity Posts: 198 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    hello everyone.

Save the dates for his side mostly sent out.
    I need to grab addresses for my family off of my mum tomorrow when we visit them for sunday lunch.

We've booked our marriage notice for Tuesdya at 2pm... it's feeling so real now.

I had to use £100 from wedding savings but it's okay as i only need to save £75 each month anyway so i have a long time to get money up together. I'm not going to worry so much about wedding savings until christmas is over & i get myself in a better place financially.
    This month has been AWFUL!

kdalwayskint - We're doing a sweet cart but we're just using a table & bowls to fill. I got my bowls from the poundshop when they were in the closing down sale.

I need to go through 2 different mobile bar options with the mr. but he doesn't want to do it yet . So fustrating , it's been 4 weeks since i've contacted the mobile bars & so obviously they are waiting for an answer.

I've not done any wedding stuff for the past 3 weeks. I don't know what else to plan.
    :heartpuls Getting married 21.09.19 :heartpuls
    Emergency Savings - £15.55 / £1,000 :heart: XMAS '19 Savings - £0.00 / £365 :heart: Holiday savings - £6.00(SA) £00 (PB)
  • BeckyAP
    BeckyAP Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Gah, I'm so bad and keeping up to date!!

Not helped by the fact that the OH still hasn't done his guest list so we can't really move forward on things like save the dates.

Have got a menu tasting booked this sunday back at our venue - because we're not having a sit down meal thing they've asked for suggestions of what canapes/buffet stuff would we like and I think they're doing a selection of those for us to try.

I think come the new year we'll meet with the baker for the cake and the decorators of the venue - start firming out more ideas. The OH wants an enchanted forest feel to the venue so I think it will be lots of twinkley lights and foliage from the ceiling (if it's affordable!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure