NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done debtfree :)

(Glad the flannel is working, we've got reusable cloth wipes to go with our reusable nappies for when ULO arrives - I don't want to be spending out on packets of wipes either!)

That's great to hear. Wipes are shocking for the environment.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • dolly84
    Options
    Just back from a fab girls night with two good friends . Mostly paid for by vouchers but spend 16 to settle the final bill and 12 on a taxi. So worth it. We talked about God and the world, body image, failing health, misery and death. But the also the good things in life. It was invigorating, reassuring and just good for the soul.
    See you tomorrow

ahh yes, my 3 favourite topics for a night out :rotfl:. Glad you had a good time.

• dolly84
    Options
    It's my birthday today, DH had hidden chocolates in all the places he knew I would go first thing this morning, I haven't eaten them yet though. I ask not to get cards and gifts from my family but my mum always gives me a card with money in. We are planning to have a takeaway tonight and some wine but other than that I don't really celebrate my birthday.

Not working today even though I have work to do (work from home but can do it anytime), payday for me next week and I also have a weeks extra work starting 19 March, it's full time but quite near the kids school so they can get a bus there and then we can all come home together.

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    ahh yes, my 3 favourite topics for a night out :rotfl:. Glad you had a good time.

Yes, sorry that came across as a bit strange :o. But as we're now officially middle aged these topics just came up as these things seem to be increasing in frequency as we get older. However, the conversation was more about how not to get down about it but make the most of life, if that makes sense.

Happy birthday dolly84

Not an SFD today as I'll pick up my Asd@ order. Once the kids are in bed and DH is gone I'll start with some meal prep tonight. Strangely exited about it :D

Well done Debtfreewannabme :j
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry didn't post yesterday.

Walked to work as didn't want to risk my car in the snow. Great walk up hill home and it was really warm. 13k steps done.:j

Spent yesterday dd bday card and expensive wine. She has turned into a wine snob.:o

Had a Dr's appt after waiting 30 mins for appt. Get in and he asks me Why I am anaemic- which one of us has the medical degree? Was cross so stomped out to get cake and coffee. oops:o

Happy Birthday Dolly - have a lovely day, sun is out here._party_

Debtfreewannabme brilliant news extremely jealous.:T:T:T

Might spend today and buy fish and chips as still without an oven, hopefully gas man is looking and trying to find a serial no on it today.

With world book day still going on my dd sent her little one to school last week as Harry and a bucket full of dinosaurs. Thought he would be upset not having a costume but big smiley pic with headmaster said otherwise. Very MSE.:)

Another appointment for blood test today - hope something comes of this time.

Have a lovely weekend and hope Mothers day goes well and for anyone who struggles with that day big hugs xx
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Debtfreewannabme
    Options
    Happy birthday Dolly84 hope you have a lovely day x
    I am now debt free:T - 20/03/18. Whatever your situation - just.keep.going!
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]EF £1000/£1000 goal
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]CHILDCARE Savings goal £600/£600
    EF 3 month goal £2,000/£3,500
    HOUSE DEPOSIT £0/£20,000
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 March 2018 at 4:27PM
    Options
    Slightly annoyed. Thought as it is a spend day I'l order the last of DD's birthday present. Found a set of play figures she wanted for less than half the price of new in eb@y in very good condition. It had one figure missing which I found on Argos thinking I had a ten pounds off voucher, only it expired 1 week ago!!! I had this for over a year (earned through surveys). Anyway, still saved so much money by shopping around and it's sth she'll play with.

Oh and while it's a spend day I bought two tickets off a work mate for a gig (£20) to go to with my husband (first time ever together) as it's in a city where we'll have a babysitter :j for that but :o on spending more money.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,745 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday dolly!

DawnW - does your brother having his own place mean that you can reclaim your own space? And your budget?
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Today ended up being a spend day after all. Court went as expected and my children have been freed for adoption. Very heartbroken but, know that it was the right thing.

Car parking cost less then expected as when I paid the £3.60 I found £2 in the tray. On the way to court bought a Dr Pepper and Bottle of water which was £2.50 spend. Then went to KFC and that was an £8.50 spend and finally went to Tesco as was short on basics. Spent £14.42.

Just got my utility warehouse bill and it is £103! The difference from last month is shocking (£27)
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dolly.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts