NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon Turtles

Happy Birthday, Dolly. Hope you had a lovely day.

Congratulations, Debtfreewannabme. What a great achievement.

Indigo, Sending you lots and lots of hugs.

Another day in so NSD no 8

Have had a bit of a tidy and made dinner from what was in the freezer and fridge. Sausage casserole.
    I think I'm becoming a bit antisocial. I quite like my own company and staying in reading.

Relaced all the bulbs in the living room with LED so we'll see if that has any effect both on how long they last and the electricity bill.

Will have a bit of an unexpected spend next week. My cousin's son and grandaughter have come over from Canada so C and I have offered to take them for lunch along with my other lovely cousin and her husband. Our treat but worth it. Such really nice people.

So bit of a quiet day all round.

Have a lovely weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy birthday dolly!

DawnW - does your brother having his own place mean that you can reclaim your own space? And your budget?

Yes!! :j:j:T:T:beer::beer:
    Budget not great as we have had to pay out so much to get him settled (he turned up penniless and with nothing except his car, to get him to work if he has any, as has happened many time before, no work and weeks to wait for benefits). Now got some very basic furniture, first month's rent paid etc, and he has some temp work. I know that won't be the end of it, but hopefully the costs can be managed / minimised going forward!

((Hugs)) to Indigo :(
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Happy birthday, Dolly!

(((Hugs))) for Indigo xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    indigowarrior - Sending you hugs.
    Dolly - Wishing you a Happy Birthday.
    Debtfreewannabme - Congratulations.
    NSD achieved - 6/18.
    Grateful for:
    Achieving things in work.
    Getting support from work colleagues.
    Getting a free school meal.
    Worked a little bit of overtime, just 15 minutes but at least it is something.
    Having a chilled out evening.
    Writing a list of what I need to do tomorrow.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Debtfreewannabme
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks for all the congrats. Im not debt free yet bt confindent I will be in a month.
    We have had a nice relaxed day. No extra spends other than CC payment. Feeling exhausted so off to bed shortly.
    Today Ive been grateful for a supportive team at work, for the smiles on my childrens faces, for my DH having a good job, for my job, for my Mom and my MIL and their support x
    I am now debt free:T - 20/03/18. Whatever your situation - just.keep.going!
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]EF £1000/£1000 goal
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]CHILDCARE Savings goal £600/£600
    EF 3 month goal £2,000/£3,500
    HOUSE DEPOSIT £0/£20,000
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs indigowarrior
    Happy Birthday Dolly (sneaks off to bookface to wish DS1 a Happy Birthday)
    :j:j:j Congratulations debtfreewannabeme :j:j:j

Quiet day. Some shopping and included mum's card and present (melon and toffee cheesecake - that's two separate items then said I would include her milk and bread as I cba to divi up the shopping

Today I am grateful for sunshine , for finding some paperwork I wanted and for being able to get all the shopping in one place.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Busy week - was working Mon - Thurs and worked some extra hours too - so need to catch up. Some spends to total up, too (have receipts in a pile, ready) - mostly food, but £10 on gifts (Mothering Sunday) Also bought myself some jeans but that came from bday money so am not counting that (was my bday on Tues and my mum gave me some money as part of my present and told me to spend it on something to wear :D)

Charity - have donated 3 old £ coins to DS2's school - they are collecting them (along with old £5 and £10!!)

Grateful for:
    * my lovely uncle and aunt being so lovely (I've been helping them with some paperwork which I am happy to do as they are fab people)
    * lovely colleagues
    * extra hours at work this week
    * birthday presents being things I wanted (and therefore I love them :D) (lots of purple and/ or kitchen items involved! (and chocs/ cake/ flowers))
    * Y13 students at work being good natured during exams :)
    * good friends
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening Turtles.
    Spent the day with Mum today. Just chilling and chatting (and smack-talking about my ex) we took the dogs for a stroll to the pasty shop. Bestie popped round on her way to work and joined in the ex 'discussion' for a couple of hours.

Mum paid for the pasties (and a cake for me) and I have repayed her with a mini freezer we no longer use & is taking up space in our storage room.

Pay day today, and with 5 fridays in the month its a 'spare' wage packet, so I've thrown the whole thing into Mums repayment fund.

• · For the striders: [STRIKE]18[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs 8/25 No spend today.
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts. Payday, spreadsheet updated.
    • · Be generous. There are many who are far worse off. Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. Off for the photoshoot tomorrow afternoon. Hoping Duncan behaves himself.
    • · As ever, always take your lunch to work, and drink and snacks when out and about Pasty for lunch, supplied by mum.
    • · [FONT=&quot]Pay towards your debt first! Extra added.
      [/FONT]
    • · Plan. Look ahead to the month and what your commitments are. Coffee date with a couple of friends. Maybe a trip to Bristol Zoo.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hugs toyou, indigowarrior. Sounds like a very tough time for you. Be kind to yourself.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Indigowarrior big hugs, I hope that you are ok at this tough time

Debtfreewannabme congratulations

Dolly happy birthday

Today was spendy to the tune of £4. I cant decide whether to go to a local spring market tomorrow, its £2 to enter, £2 to park and Im sure Id get tempted to buy some of the lovely food and gifts there. I love going but just not sure its worth the expense.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure