🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all...

Had a great day. It was a planned spend day as needed to do a shop. I am now well and truly stocked up with milk for the month... Eggs galore... freezer is full and fridge bursting. Should keep me going for a bit...

Mother's day coming up so think we are doing a small buffet... Need to budget that one in. Have a card already so hopefully can do reasonably cheaply as splitting between siblings. Might do some homemade brownies :tongue:

Got to the gym and always feel so much better for it. Really enjoying getting fitter again. Signed up to Shelter (homeless charity) tonight from next month. I can't imagine what it'd be like to have no roof over your head... so it feels like a worthwhile cause.

That's me for tonight. Have a great evening all... x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 March 2018 at 9:14PM
    Options
    NSD today 4/18
    Was off work again today. Told agency I will go back to work on Friday.
    Grateful for:
    Managing to change my bedsheets/pillow cases and washed the other ones.
    Received the refund from the policy I took out for the cooker. Not the full amount I paid for it, but at least received for most of it.
    Got a phone call from someone who went to the same church as I did. Had a nice little chat.
    Opened the windows as it was nice weather.
    Resting throughout the day.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I have an obligatory jar of tahini that only sees the light of day on high days and holidays in my cupboard.

https://food52.com/blog/17752-10-things-to-make-with-tahini-that-have-nothing-to-do-with-hummus

or there is always halva!

Now if only m-i-l's chutney mountain was as versatile:rotfl:
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »

Anyway otherwise paid £20 off my debt now hit 4k level.:T

Sounds like a fantastic reason for a bun:j
    Congratulations
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Today is NSD 6. Tomorrow is a planned spend day.

Have to take a refund cheque to town (from remortgage legal people - they borrowed more than was strictly necessary, just in case they needed to pay more in interest if it took longer than expected) so will pay that in, and will need £1 parking and 8 litres of milk for the weekend.

So quite a small shopping list.
    Might trawl a few c/shops on the way -need another pair of jeans and a jumper.

Millions of school meetings and parents evenings coming up. So dull, such a waste of time,, they never run to time, and so hard when you are juggling 3 other kids! h well, at least I will be able to hit the YS aisle at the right times.

All budgets looking ridiculously good so far (fingers crossed)

See you all tomorrow
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for cheerful pupils, for a good chat with colleagues, for being able to walk the extra mile required when roadworks scuppered the bus journey (in that extra mile, I overtook the bus that was scheduled 15 mins before the one I got off!), for a quick journey home, for dd meeting me off the bus, for dh announcing that we should do one veggie meal per week, for dd making her friend's bday present.

X_raphael_xx hugs to you and yours.

Kerry Woman -glad you have taken time off to look after yourself.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Spendy day today, in fact spendy month, as we are having to help a relative out :(
    Monthly donation to the food bank done today :)
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,325 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Raphael - it is always harder for the families than the patient. Look after yourself as well, giving out extra hugs can be demanding on your health.
    I have endulged in an entire can of rice pudding with a large blob of strawberry jam this evening. Which has cheered me up a little.
    Went to boxing tonight, wasn't really in the mood for it, but I went.

• · For the striders: [STRIKE]18[/STRIKE] 25 NSDs 6/25 No spend today.
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts. All going to plan
    • · Be generous. There are many who are far worse off. Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. Donation in the bag ready for Saturday.
    • · As ever, always take your lunch to work, and drink and snacks when out and about Home for lunch, fancied a cheese & ham sandwich.
    • · [FONT=&quot]Pay towards your debt first! Done
      [/FONT]
    • · Plan. Look ahead to the month and what your commitments are. Mum down [STRIKE]Thursday[/STRIKE] tomorrow! Photo session Sat. Coffee date with a couple of friends. Maybe a trip to Bristol Zoo.
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks f0xholes - I have used tahini as a "for God's sake let's just use this bloomin jar up" pasta dressing once. I wasn't too keen...

I didn't even buy it - it was a freebie, yet it just sits there mocking me. Having realised Lidl's chickpeas are only 33p a tin I will regularly make cheap hummus until it has gone.

Alternatively I'll swap it for some of MiL's chutney(!) We do get through chutney between the two of us!
  • Debtfreewannabme
    Options
    Evening,

Today has been a planned spend day. Budgeted £17 for meals and we spent £8.91 inc city centre parking at £6 ( the savings from today have gone towards debts). I looked at the last time we went to the same place and we spent over £85! It's shocking. We found out we will be getting a rebate in DH wages on Friday. We have decided to put it towards our debts and it has shaved a whole month off our DFD. £308 CC overpayment made today too.
    Today I am thankful for my beautiful little family, for my very supportive DH, extended family and friends I can be real with.

Its really great to be part of this forum. There is something special about sharing experiences, reading others and just being encouraged to keep focused on the goals ahead. Early start tomorrow so must get to bed. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. NSD planned for me x
    I am now debt free:T - 20/03/18. Whatever your situation - just.keep.going!
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]EF £1000/£1000 goal
    [STRIKE][/STRIKE][STRIKE][/STRIKE]CHILDCARE Savings goal £600/£600
    EF 3 month goal £2,000/£3,500
    HOUSE DEPOSIT £0/£20,000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts