🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning lovely turtle-

Today is a spendy day- in desperate need of pet food which is a big expense but doesn't come round very often. We also needed fruit, milk , salad etc. hoping tomorrow and Friday and Sunday will be SFDs and get me to my goal of 5 by next week.

Budgets
    £820 EF
    £60 Fuel
    £700 Paris
    £110 spends

My house is a little upside down due to the new bed arriving late in the day but I can't realistically sort this out until Sunday/Monday as I am either at work or away. I need to remember that these jobs will get done and it is not worth getting stressed about.

When I was in Aldi there was a lady who didn't have enough for her half price pasty and needed 5p (I didn't give it to her as another lady did- I was going to) and it made me remember that actually we are so so lucky.

Have a lovely day Turtles
  • archwaysaver
    Options
    Planned spend day yesterday, did a bit of grocery shopping for the week and bought a coffee at Pret (49p filter with reusable cup). Still within budget although groceries are creeping up a bit. Bought a lot of tinned tomatoes and onions which always go a long way!
    Bring lunch to work March: 5/13
    NSD March: 6/18

Goal by Sept 2019: £20,100
    So far: £3,749.89
    (tuition £1,920/4,100, cushion £456/1,000, dream £1,300.44/15,000)
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,984 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,

better day today. Cancelled the gym class this morning and now just rebooked it. Up for it today.

Might be a NSD today. Never baked any bread last night but got some in the shop as it was a SD anyway.

catch up later
    DEBT 06/24: CC 6347 5120 £2350 £2000, OD £500, Other £3100 £2650 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    NSD 4/18 for me. Tomorrow is a planned spend day, going grocery shopping in Lidl. I'd love the total to be under £25 but I've needed to add some extra snacky bits for me to the list. Having a 'constantly hungry' few days (appears to happen when baby is having a growth spurt) and 100 calorie cereal bars are not doing the trick. Going to get extra cheese to make some 'snack packs', an extra tin of chickpeas to make hummus (because I have an obligatory jar of tahini that only sees the light of day on high days and holidays in my cupboard) and a larger box of eggs so I have some for hard boiling. Gives me some options and should stop me running out for chocolate bars and crisps (which I could so happily do right now!).

Found myself looking at vegetable seeds, as you may do at this time of year, B&Q do some good ones for 50p a packet. But I'm wondering if I *really* want to be faffing around with these things when I'm at full term, which I will be by the time some need planting out, thinning etc. Probably not, just something that seems like a good, thrifty, idea at the moment! I did well from a pack of 50p mixed lettuce seeds last year.

Grateful for:
    - Colleagues making all the tea today
    - This thread, feeling very in control of my spending :) The NSDs are making me think harder about whether I want to lose one before spending. Even if I save a purchase so I buy it the day I need to get groceries anyway, at least I will have had some time to think about it and be confident in my choice
    - The weekly email blast for pointing me to the save water website, I have ordered some good freebies.
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Confession time. I was hungry this morning so ate my egg butties before 11am. I blame the fact I only had mushrooms on toast for tea.(no oven still):o:o:o:o:o So then I went in search of a lemon bun cake, probably at least 2k calories for all the cream and it cost £1.60 for 1 cake.:eek:

I needed milk today so haven't lost a NSD because of the bun just few more lbs on me.:o:o Also bought a plant for a friends birthday but have to confess to liking it a lot. By next week it could be planted in my garden. Helleborous to you gardeners. :D

Anyway otherwise paid £20 off my debt now hit 4k level.:T
    Nothing else to report did 13k steps yesterday but my knee sore today.

Raphael - it is always harder for the families than the patient. Look after yourself as well, giving out extra hugs can be demanding on your health.
    Abundant - Keep going sometimes dementia patients can surprise you. Hugs you have a tough road ahead.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    Today was a spend day. I went and did my grocery shop. Bought 3 things that were reduced (Trifle!) and a few things that wasnt. I was very happy to resist on buying a brand new mobile phone! I am not sure how much longer my present situation can continue though. My main phone is sold old now that whilst it doesnt have internet capabilities it does struggle to do much.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Turtles
    Confession time. I was hungry this morning so ate my egg butties before 11am. I blame the fact I only had mushrooms on toast for tea.(no oven still) So then I went in search of a lemon bun cake.

Oh, Calling. If I had a pound for every time I've done something like that. Made me laugh out loud.

The boy went to work this morning and was promptly sent back home. He's feeling mega sick and dizzy so I'm wondering if the antibiotics are not to blame and it's maybe a bug or an ear infection or something like that. We'll see how he is tomorrow but I think another visit to GP might be called for.

C has gone to meet his friends as per usual on Wednesdays. It as cancelled last week because of snow and will be next week as well as we're away for a few days. I stayed in and the kitchen is now sparkling. Actually it's not but it certainly looks better than it did. NSD No 7.

I have to go out tomorrow. Appointment at the Health Centre for asthma check. Also need to post a letter (to Germany so don't have the right stamp available). Birthday card stash needs topped up if Card Factory have 10 for £1.00. There is still food in the freezer but could really do with stocking up with mince and chicken breasts. Let's hope Icyland have some YS. I'll make a list as I'm sure we'll need milk and bread within the next few days as well. Since it's going to be a spendy day anyway I think I'll have a look at energy saving bulbs as well (yet another one went yesterday).

Really enjoying Day of the Jackal. Think it will be finished by the weekend.

Have a nice MSE day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,984 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think I'll have a look at energy saving bulbs as well (yet another one went yesterday).

The kids have broken three in the last few months in their room, bashing sth off the ceiling pendant light. At over 3 quid a pop I'm now tempted to leave them without a light for a while if they break the next one. :cool:
    DEBT 06/24: CC 6347 5120 £2350 £2000, OD £500, Other £3100 £2650 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Declaring a spend day of £1 for the work lottery.

I did however return some items to New L00k for a £30 credit note so that'll be a nice little treat in a few weeks - I don't need anything atm.
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport