IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - SCS Claim form recieved

Options

Comments

• Gunner84
    Gunner84 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Can you clarify on "gotchas". I can have a fair educated guess about what you are saying, but I probably should eliminate all doubt and guessing in such a situation.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I ment, any areas where the variation of the rights granted in the lease can be performed

For example most leases want to talk about "reasonable regulations" being introduced, to allow for them to vary maybe how communal areas are managed. But the key then is they must be reaonsable, and they cannot reduce the rights you have in your lease - as that would require a new lease to be drawn up, it cannot be unlateral.
  • Gunner84
    Options
    There is a repeated reference to "estate regulations". Is this potentially another way of writing it?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,341 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, what does it say?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gunner84
    Options
    "Acting reasonably at all times the manager shall have authority to make and at any time vary such Estate Regulations as it may think fit for the preservation of the amenities of the Estate or for the general convenience of the occupiers of the dwelling"

That is probably the most directly relevant bit i can find.

In the fourth schedule it details as follows:

The right to use in common with all others entitled to a like right on a first come first served basis any Visitor Parking spaces for the temporary parking of visitors private motor vehicles not exceeding three tonnes gross laden weight."

This seems pretty crystal clear, so my main question would be how this interacts with the managers Estate Regulations. There is nothing in the entire document about paying for passes (which has now been done). Third party enforcement, the threat of fines. Any of that.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    "Acting reasonably at all times"
    Is it reasonable to remove someones right to park and replace it with a need to contract with an unknown 3rd party and pay a hugely inflated charge if you breach the contract? No, of course not.

"for the preservation of the amenities" FOR THE means it must ONLY be for this purpose, and not whatever they want. Aprivate space is not an amenity of the estate, as in it isnt generally avialable, and it cannot be for the GENERAL convenience as it is only for one space.

Nowherer there does it state you can have your granted rights rmeoved. If it did your solicitor would have tod you not to sign, becaue your lease becomes worthless.

WAIT: You PAID for a pass? Did you SIGN anything? YES OR NO. THIS IS CRITICAL.
  • Gunner84
    Options
    No signature whatsoever. The managing agent, who at the time I naturally believed would act in tenants interests, said the admin charge for replacement passes was £10 per pass. Naturally since at this stage we don't know much other than we are getting consistently wrongly ticketed. So my first action to stop the tickets was just to have a pass displayed in the window (every car on the estate has one, but they all look different oddly enough.) Thus, my blue pass deemed "invalid" was suddenly a red pass. Both undated.

It was paid for via an online form on their website. Very lightweight minimalist site. The PPC were not involved in that transaction whatsoever. No documents, no signature. Just a text box form and a payment made.
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    OK, phew. I was checking no terms and conditions had been signed. (or included with the permit and paying for the permit means youre deemed to have accepted them)
    This is important, because paying for a permit *can* mean you now have a contract.

So go check the site. See wha tyou agreed to. You need this nailed down.
  • Gunner84
    Options
    Here is the payment form. Theres nothing to it really. Its not even specific to passes. Not sure it can mean a whole lot.

https://imgur.com/a/NaTgcEa
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    OK its just a way of sending them money for any purpose. Good.

In which case your reqauired words are a replacement permit was purchased PURELY for the convenience of the operator, and did not in any way imply you accpeted they had any authority over your space.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure