IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - SCS Claim form recieved

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Gunner84
    Gunner84 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, it literally went on six hours. Loads of breaks. The judge tackled it in a very strange order. I wasn't given my chance to speak for a long while. (initially we had been told I can't even speak as a lay person for my wife, only hand her documents and advise. I had to tell the judge about her anxiety medication to actually be allowed however)

He told us that ours was last purely because the claimants 200 page bundle and all the issues at play here required organisation. Honestly if he'd let me speak earlier it would've been ten minutes, as I had them on locus standi. He took a break from 1pm til 2.15pm and invited us to go out and get some lunch. In order for things to go any differently I'd have had to have interrupted the judge.

It was very odd. The judge seemed inherently decent, and he praises our candidness, but it wasn't tackled in a logical way. I wasn't given any opportunity to address the contract, he was focused on the permits saying he could see we were displaying them in every picture and asking UKPC to prove they were not "valid". This wasn't the meat of any of my arguments but he kept assuring me I'd get my chance later. So we went through a lot of very shallow points of limited consequence before I could get to the killer arguments.

Once they had told me the lease didn't protect me (I'm certain a different judge would've disagreed) , I said it didn't matter since the landowner contract referred to doesn't exist. We are no longer discussing leases. I used their own witness statements reference to it to highlight how ridiculous the claim was.

They then argued estate regulations means they don't need a contract, saying the management company taking over is accounted for in that. They seemed to get their arguments blurred together. It was all a bit odd.

Once this was done, it felt real good. I didn't speak much once the absence of the contract was being defended with "Estate regulations". Just sitting silently pouring my new wife some water whilst the lpc advocate panics, takes five minutes (could see him fretting talking to presumably abdullah yaqub on the phone about what to do with the five minutes granted), and ultimately buried himself. That bit was actually a lot of fun.

I despise UKPC, am now far better set should I ever have a similar situation, and will assist anyone to the appropriate point my experience allows.
  • Gunner84
    Gunner84 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    H guys, so quick update since we won.

UKPC have not paid our costs, and have missed their deadline. Could someone advise on what to do next?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    all explained on the MCOL website

firstly you should write to them with a deadline of say 7 to 14 days to pay it in full, otherwise enforcement action will be taken which will add to their bill
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure