IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - SCS Claim form recieved

Options

Comments

• Gunner84
    Gunner84 Posts: 67 Forumite
    Options
    But what about the fact that we can easily provide these "valid permits"? Would it not potentially save the hassle of a second claim defence, as well as clearly showing them, and potentially CCBC in the future that we are demonstrating that we are parked with permission?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 April 2018 at 9:25PM
    Options
    It also seems to me that if they do go ahead and cancel on receipt of these permits, surely the completely identical court claim would fall apart?
    Well no, because that's a standard letter (UKPC churn it out every time, thought you might have been expecting it from your reading of other UKPC threads!).

UKPC NEVER, EVER, cancel if someone provides retrospective proof of permits. NEVER.

Do you know what they are doing with that template letter?

Trying to flush out who was driving.

Do you realise why your planned reply would walk straight into their trap?

And yet the appeal you made was based on the NEWBIES thread, as registered keeper, replying to windscreen PCNs I assume, and not naming the driver not implying it. A situation planned to make UKPC forget to issue a NTK entirely, and the registered keeper then wins at POPLA, based on ''no NTK served in time''...

Anyone who replies shooting all those toes off at this stage, has been well and truly mugged.

IGNORE IT.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gunner84
    Options
    Ok, So basically I am going to ignore it, but my question is now, since NTK's for these have all been served, I wont be winning on that basis at POPLA stage. Am i just on for a second court claim here?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not necessarily, LOADS are won on other issues, e.g. if they fail to show landowner authority.

And most UKPC cases are fairly easy to show POPLA the signs are unreadable. You can even go and get UKPC's own pictures now from their website (enter the PCN/VRN and 'view photos') and copy those images, screenshot them now before that access disappears, and use them in your POPLA appeal.

IMHO their own photos will be blurry/with the £100 unreadable. Yes?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gunner84
    Options
    I've actually for my own photos showing their standard signage 12 feet off the ground. In my opinion they are in some trouble.
  • Gunner84
    Options
    So I have finally received correspondence about my own car, which of course they believe they have grounds to pursue me. Surprise surprise. Is there anyone I can private message an image to for guidance on my response? It's so fully of information about the case I cant redact it to the extent it makes sense and post it on here.

It is a response that came a couple of months after my complaints about them harassing me and my guests, prior to even discussing anything here. Would I be able to send this to anyone?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please take care.

There is a risk that anyone that PMs you may not have your best interests at heart.

Sending an unredacted document to a PPC stooge would not be the best thing to do.
  • Gunner84
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Please take care.

There is a risk that anyone that PMs you may not have your best interests at heart.

Sending an unredacted document to a PPC stooge would not be the best thing to do.

I understand. I will act with great caution on this. I would only send to a reputable trusted member no matter what.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gunner84 wrote: »
    I understand. I will act with great caution on this. I would only send to a reputable trusted member no matter what.

The rule is do not converse by PM with anyone who has
    less than 1000 posts to their name
  • Gunner84
    Options
    Update:

After sending back the directions questionnaire for my partners claim defence, i received a response directly from SCS law. They said their client acknowledges my inferring that my tenancy agreement grants unfettered rights to park, and requested that I show them a copy of this tenancy agreement and/or lease so that their client may decide on what to do with this claim.

Does this not just constitute trying to get hold of my evidence prior to the date it must be filed for court? Just wanted to check what action to take.

Thanks all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport