Poor Single Lady Debt Diary - Trying again

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love your shopping lists. Would it not be more beneficial to just shop once a week. Or would that not work for you ?
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I don't think I could cope just shopping once a week. I have to go twice to restock on milk - but I can't drive so can only buy what I can carry. And then some shops are cheapest for certain things. Iceland does cheapest tea and good range of chocolate.
    Then you can't get everything in Lidl so need to go to other shops for some brands.
    I am rubbish at sticking to a meal plan as well. And probably eat far too much.
    Got a food plan for tomorrow sorted out and a shopping list.
    Tomorrow is 19th so still quite a lot of money left to go. Will need to dig deep.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Month not money.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Today was a bit spendy but on food and drink. Got eyebrows done too but include that as unavoidable (of course it isn't really)

Alcohol at home £11.50

Food Total £20.50
    Meat £5.50
    Veg and Milk £6.00
    Peanut butter and salad dressing £5.50
    Popcorn and chocolate £3.50

Made spaghetti bologese portions to put In freezer.

Should just need bread, milk and fruit until April.

1 more credit card due before end of month. Need to try and keep things low key. And need to stay warm! xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • moneyonmymindsam
    Options
    Today was a bit spendy but on food and drink. Got eyebrows done too but include that as unavoidable (of course it isn't really)

Made spaghetti bologese portions to put In freezer.

xx

Well done :T:T:T:T:D

You doing good to me :beer:
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • coastalchick
    Options
    Loving your new diary - will comment properly when time permits (we are having a stress about whether to just throw caution to the wind and get married just the two of us NOW -so lots of planning/deliberations going on) but you're doing great. xx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Think eyebrows are such a boost for such a small amount of money. Totally worth it. They kind of are essential. Mine need doing thanks for the reminder.
    Have a good MSE day :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you all. I am really hoping that April will be less spending on foods.
    Shouldn't need anything today at least.
    But need some house supplies. It is just never ending at the moment!

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    NSD Today

I thought there was a post here on doing internet food shopping. (But possibly I read this elsewhere and getting confused).
    So have done an internet food shop to be delivered beginning of April and can edit this up to delivery date.

I will need some loo roll which is the number one thing I hate buying as a non driver. It's hard to explain to people that drive but everyone who doesn't drive and lives alone understands.
    So have ordered about 6 months supply so don't have to buy any. And then milk and things I buy regularly and some things that are on offer. Never had an internet shop before so see if it helps.

Trying hard to be :A.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Plutonomics
    Plutonomics Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 March 2018 at 2:53PM
    Options
    You are doing well. I really need to get some of your will power around not going out, it is only when you keep track do you realise how much it all adds up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure