Poor Single Lady Debt Diary - Trying again

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey you've got a shiny new diary!

It's all looking good! Holiday sounds great. Parents are brilliant aren't they. Mine are wonderful.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a good weekend PSL , hope the weather doesn't scupper any plans .
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you Louby and Cumbria. I probably should have made a note on my old diary but I meant to start afresh for a while. There was a lot of failure and stupidity in my last diary so hoping this one is better all round.

Parents are just brilliant. Mine just give and give. Need to get a mothers day card this week. And maybe some flowers.

My friend is poorly so we have to rearrange but I'm so cold- I quite like the thought of staying in and watching telly under my duvet.

Not going out tonight so hopefully a rare Saturday NSD.

Just have social plans Tuesday and Saturday next week. But might invite friend round.

And need a small food shop. Running low on lots of things. And will need to make spaghetti bolignese portions for freezer at end of the month.

Looking ahead
    March no big spends
    1x day with best friend

April
    Trip to London with brother
    Family birthday

May
    Wedding gift/hair/dress
    London trip with parents
    Hair cut/colour

June
    Holiday

Will need a few nights in. Hope weather improves and then can be busy with couch to 5K and occupy myself. Reading more recently as well.

But if a brain dump today but it can get so hectic in your head. But good to have a place for the thoughts. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Enjoy your duvet day, so you have far to go for your shopping, might be nice to get it done and then know you don't have to go out again.

Lots of snow here, not great on my feet at best of times and hate falling, this is my 3rd day in and tomorrow will be the same (more snow forecast today), depending it the pavements become icy or not I will get at least 3 NSDs (I have just ordered myself a new pair of binoculars to watch the birds - have a large garden, considering in a town, feed them lots and have had 60+ assorted birds feeding off the ground plus ones on the feeders. This has become one of my interests now that I cannot do lovely country walks)

I don't have a debt free diary as people know me IRL, but have a credit card to pay down after a bit of dental work and a few "treats" I am really geared up mentally to do it now and am loving watching the balance come down and each non-spend seems like a great step in the right direction.

(sorry for the essay:o)

Have a relaxing weekend:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I loved your note Maddiemay. Made me smile - my mum and dad have a small garden and they love watching all their birds flying in. They put loads of food out too.
    They are sad because they have a bird that eats other birds. I think it's a sparrow-hawk and this really upsets them.

I would be more of a fan but where I live we have lots of noisy birds that wake me up in the summer. We had some nesting on the roof that loved singing all the time to each other. And we have what sounds like seagulls but we are miles from the sea.

Spent £8 Food
    Bread, crisps, chocolate, orange juice, cucumber, chutney, biscuits, cheese

Still need milk - will organise tomorrow.
    Need an early night tonight. Picked up a cold and feel so lethargic. Hopefully will pass. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hope you feel better PSL.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hope you shake the cold. You are sounding positive :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    I do feel more positive even though I'm in a mountain of debt and getting worried about being offered new mortgage deal next year. But hoping it will be OK- I mean surely they can't just repossess you if you can pay the mortgage.
    So today should be low spend. Just need milk and going to friends house later. Might get Mother's Day card today so that's done.

No need for big spending and credit card payments go out 8th/10th,19th and 23rd. So need to prepare for this plus 2 more small direct debits.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    If you're worried about the mortgage next year then you have time to minimise spending and maximise debt repayments to get yourself in a better financial position for that deal.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Yes absolutely. Mortgage lending Critea seems to have got more strict since i bought the flat.

Spends

Home £3
    Mother's Day cards £8
    Foods £6 cereal, milk, baked beans and tomatoes9

Seeing friend tomorrow.
    Need to keep spending contained.

2018 plans - reduce debt
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories