Poor Single Lady Debt Diary - Trying again

Options

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,614 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Having looked at the total of my forecast fixed bills for April & May I'm definitely reassessing my general spending and priorities to compensate. Will be trying that little bit harder as well to make things balance and make the money stretch.

How has the online food shop worked in terms of reducing your day to day food spends?
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Food is so expensive. The food delivery was amazing and made my life a lot easier and probably did save me a bit of money but not a giant amount. But more improved my life.
    Got a few things to do today. Having a very busy time.

Got a lot of sausages in the freezer and meals I have made so have sausages for lunch and spaghetti bolognese for tea. But going out in the afternoon.
    So need to remember to come home at a reasonable hour for tea, casualty and bed.

And not to spend too much money but today is unlikely to be cheap. Need to keep focus and not lose it towards the end of the money. ( although I am struggling to believe it is only the 14th and it's another 2 weeks to payday)
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Forgot to note spends.

Lunch £5.50 - work
    Drink out £8
    Lidl and Tesco £15

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Long time no post lovely lady. Hope you are OK xxx
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thank you Ramble. I am ok just very busy and got a lot of specifics going on that I am struggling to write about. Worried about my nosy sister joining the dots asking me if PSL is me.
    My brother and sister were talking about this website a few weeks ago -saying how good it was and I was getting a bit worried!

I'm not going out very much at the moment but heading to the pub today. Really need to lose some of this weight gain as a lot of clothes are too small for me so that needs some work.

Just plodding along and trying hard. Worryingly there are no balance transfer deals available. So 2 of mine expire in August. There was a post of debt free wannabee where sonetimes if you phone the credit card company they can reduce the interest.
    I'm not sure. Been thinking about DMP also but not sure either.

I know staying in helps. Big food shops help. Drinking less helps. And staying out of John Lewis and TK max helps. And making lists of what you need to buy.

It was pay day yesterday but can't get too excited or think about spending until a lot of the bills are paid.

I do read the diaries. But I'm such a disaster on the spending that I don't necessarily have much to add. But other people's diaries are helpful.
    Will try and post more leaving out the specifics. xx

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • System
    System Posts: 178,098 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was wondering what had happened to you as well. Glad you are ok. I hope you are able to keep posting.
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Not been up to much. Mostly food shopping and staying in. Watching DVDs and trying to be good till pay day.

I can pay all the credit cards this month but there is zero room for any overspend mostly due to 2 expensive days out and holiday next month.

Will need to be extremely good between coming home from hol and payday.
    Then make a plan for July. (Which could be just watching films and staying out of the pub)

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Magpie100
    Magpie100 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know you are reluctant to post debt figures, but it is hard to offer advice without seeing the numbers involved. A DMP could be a good idea, or it could not - all we know I think are your rough outgoings in the first post, but without knowing your income/the percent of income servicing debt it is tricky to offer meaningful solutions.

Obviously it's up to you whether you post more info, and I can see that you are working hard to bring the debt down, but I wonder if putting the actual figures here might help with the advice offered and to help you work out a way forward.

Good luck!
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You are doing great PSL. This diary is for you. Use it the way you feel most comfortable. Keep going :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Wraithlady
    Wraithlady Posts: 856 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi PSL, I've just joined the forums.

Re Lovefilm, I don't know if you've switched after it folded but if you haven't, Cinema Paradiso offer the same service starting at £5.18 per month for 2 dvd's a month - not a huge saving but it's £7 a month.
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family