Pixmania customer service is TERRIBLE!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• tittletattle
    Options
    Do not be reassured by the info on Amazon re Pixmania
    they took my money and are now refusing to deliver the goods on the grounds that i my be involved in 'fraud' as the order was 'high value' (nearly 1000 euros- for computer goods? how is that high value? - and i was a 'new customer'- even though i had placed a small trial order some weeks previously to check them out)

since taking my money (of course) Pixmania no longer respond to emails or phone calls (whereas prior to the sale i was reassured by the level of contact which encouraged me to proceed).

sadly the only fraudsters are Pixmania and i think the moral is, if you have doubts about a website don't try and authenticate it (as i did) just don't use it.

secondly, as has now been pointed out to me, if you are buying high value electrical goods the manufacturers warranty is usually 'return to base'. if you use a site like Pixmania you would have to send the item(s) abroad in the event of a problem.

i have now taken the matter to the credit card company but have wasted over 2 weeks tirelessly trying to sort out this mess and no doubt there will be more hassle to come. (after telling me my order was cancelled- to which i replied 'great - now give me money back' they have now delivered the low value accessories bundled with my order. sneaky. these now need to be returned, but i'm unable to get details of where to send the items to, or indeed any acknowledgement.)
  • Gambit
    Gambit Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    I ended up going through my credit card to get my money back from Pixmania as they were beyond useless. I dont care if their prices were half that of other competitors, I would not touch them with a bargepole!!!
    Current Debt Owed To Family: [STRIKE]£12,575[/STRIKE] £9,000 :wall:
    Estimated Debt Free... [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE] Aug 2012

:xmassmileChristmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477 :xmassmile
  • KennyVader
    Options
    No idea why people still give this outfit money, they have been shocking for years.
  • nikolz
    Options
    I purchased a DS from them on 4th December 2010 for my daughters Christmas present, it had not turned up on 14th so I contacted them at which point they said it had been delivered on the 9th by Bpost. I asked who had signed for it and they then told me they would investigate. I then got an email stating it has been lost in transit at which point I emailed and called them . . they said they would investigate! I then received two further emails saying my item had been delivered (automated emails). I called them and they said they would investigate. Two more emails later (30th December) I called and spoke to (David, hmm . . I think not) who said I could not speak to his supervisor as they were not available and he would leave a message for him to call me within an hour after I asked 5 times how long he would be (10:36). 13:23 still no call but I have received an email stating that now they would email Paypal so give me a refund . .
    So :

26 days, 7 phone calls, 14 emails and still no refund . . I have raised it with Paypal and they are looking into it, I will never purchase from this French company again, even their automated telephone wouldn't let me through as it no longer recognised my order number which use to work!

Regards

Chris Nicholls

P.S. I buy at least three things a week online and Pixmania will never get my orders (or friends orders) again!
  • rustyboy21
    rustyboy21 Posts: 2,565 Forumite
    Options
    OP Quote

Not being one to back down I decided to look into my rights and after talking to the very helpful people at consumer direct (www.consumerdirect.gov.uk) I discovered that under the Sale of Goods Act 1979, Section 48B the following is stated:

“If the buyer requires the seller to repair or replace the goods, the seller must repair or, as the case may be, replace the goods within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience to the buyer”

Whilst I appreciate that the act does state the above, there must also be some flexibility in it's action. It doesn't mean that the consumer can demand a callout on sunday afternoon at 3 pm, when the engineers only work mon-fri. There needs to be flexibility on the consumers part too. Too many people read the act literally, to suit themselves. Not saying OP is doing this, Pixmania have a bad rep, but in general workings with consumers, a little flexability always sorts a problem out faster.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure