Pixmania customer service is TERRIBLE!!!

Options

Comments

• devon-gnome
    Options
    vikingaero wrote: »
    At last!

I'd rather shove ferrets down my pants

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • leesmithg
    leesmithg Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    O.K. I will explain my problem.

I was after building a new system so went to amazon, selected a mobo, r.a.m. and amazon showed me a resonable priced processor from a company I never heard of before, so I ordered it also.

Got the rest of my items from maplin and waited for my stuff to arrive.

Modo and r.a.m. came, then processor, 2 days later maplins stuff also, case, screws, fan, graphics card and caddy.

Had to wait extra time for HD as they were out of stock, however instead of 30 days it arrived within 3.

I had already built everything else, so it was just a processor install, a format of HD, partition of HD and installation of XP Pro.

All went fine, installed everything, felt good about having a fast processor 4gb r.a.m. and everything I had saved for the past two years.

Computer worked for 6 hours, then 9:52 p.m. 16 December, pop, processor went.

Sent it back after talking to a nice lady at customer services, whom sent me via email returns kit I needed, so went back special delivery, £6, signed for next day, even today, they deny receiving it.

I have digital proof it was signed for, they feed me something about it goes to one warehouse then another before going to France, then being dealt with there then sent back.

This goes on top of my fiance buying a nintendo ds lite argent, which came with european plug charger, to which I had to then purchase an adaptor.

I have emailed them and they haven't returned a response.

I have read good things about them, but, a lot bad also.

I got the processor quickly, as it was sent special delivery via parcel force, so they (pixmania) can't be blamed for slow postal services, however, I will not buy from them again as they take too long to do a replacement or a refund.

Luckily for me as I purchased via amazon the processor, I have put in a claim for a refund and hopefully can get a processor from BT, in the UK.
  • KILL_BILL
    KILL_BILL Posts: 2,183 Forumite
    Options
    just email and say that there services is mer'e - which means s**t in french :-)
  • carolinosourus
    Options
    Is that apostrophe in place of the 'd' that should be there?
    :D**Thanks to everyone on here for hints, tips and advice!**:D
    MSEers are often quicker than google

"Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - G. Orwell
  • leesmithg
    Options
    Well some good news & some bad news.

I received an email from their French name today, saying they have received the processor, however, it will take a further 40 days or so as they're sending it back to AMD.

Good news though, amazon refunded my payment including delivery costs and I got a new processor from BT shop, which is also the same price (free delivery) and .2ghz faster, so now, 3.2ghz
  • leesmithg
    Options
    Well some good news & some bad news.

I received an email from their French name today, saying they have received the processor, however, it will take a further 40 days or so as they're sending it back to AMD.

Good news though, amazon refunded my payment including delivery costs and I got a new processor from BT shop, which is also the same price (free delivery) and .2ghz faster, so now, 3.2ghz
  • Gambit
    Gambit Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    That's the thing though. A company shows its true colours and how good it really is when things go wrong. It's how they treat their customers when it comes to refunds and replacements that seperates the good companies from the bad ones! Imho anyways
    Current Debt Owed To Family: [STRIKE]£12,575[/STRIKE] £9,000 :wall:
    Estimated Debt Free... [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE] Aug 2012

:xmassmileChristmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477 :xmassmile
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used them once a few years ago and I'm not sure I'd use them again. I bought a printer and was quite surprised it came with a European plug (although they did supply an adapter), there was nothing on the website at the time that this was an import and coming from outside the UK. They'd also sent me someone else's printer as well. When I told them of their mistake they wanted me to arrange posting it back to them and pay for the postage. Which they said they'd reimburse me for. I don't know about anyone else but I don't think I should have to outlay my money because they posted something to me they shouldn't have. So I told them point blank that I refused. So they arranged a courier to collect it, so why they couldn't have done that in the first place really made my blood boil and put me off them, felt like they were trying get me to solve their problem (which had nothing to do with me) for them, logistically and financially.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • Gambit
    Gambit Posts: 584 Forumite
    Options
    Think you hit the nail on the head there... their customer service attitude seems to be to make their life easier when problems arise instead of trying to make the customer's life easier.

I mean I have had so many companies offer a courier to pick up goods or send me a FREEPOST label to use bur trust Pixmania to try to get the customer to pay....
    Current Debt Owed To Family: [STRIKE]£12,575[/STRIKE] £9,000 :wall:
    Estimated Debt Free... [STRIKE]Dec 2012[/STRIKE] Aug 2012

:xmassmileChristmas 2010 Sealed Pot Challenge #477 :xmassmile
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gambit wrote: »
    Think you hit the nail on the head there... their customer service attitude seems to be to make their life easier when problems arise instead of trying to make the customer's life easier.

I mean I have had so many companies offer a courier to pick up goods or send me a FREEPOST label to use bur trust Pixmania to try to get the customer to pay....

Overall Mesh Computers are the worst customer service I've ever encountered but even they will send a courier to pick up PCs for repair etc. It doesn't sound like Pixmania have changed much. I used them before they became a part of Dixons/Currys/PC World etc but then they're not known for the best customer service either so no surprise I suppose.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport