Options
12346»

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Thanks so much all for your help in this matter.

She never sent anything back and the return has now timed out. The money in my PayPal is no longer on hold.

I appreciate all your advice. To be honest, I thought sending something signed for was more or less safe but I now know there are chancers out there who will try anything to get things for free.

There are a few of these chancers around, they work on the basis that enough sellers will just roll over and refund that it's worth their time to try it on. This is why I will spend a little time and insist on a return before refunding, yes it takes me a few minutes to send a message (and frankly I have so few that it might only be 2 or 3 at most a year) but the percentage of buyers who never bother returning is proportionally high.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done for standing your ground. That's another scammer thwarted. Hopefully she'll tell all her friends that getting free stuff on eBay isn't as easy as it seems. :T
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport