Options

Comments

• mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    Well done for not giving in.

I only wish more people stood up to these scammers and they might think twice next time.

The thing is the first message she sent me had me doubt myself hence asking on here to see if anyone had ever had anything like this happen.

The fact that she would not open a case confirmed what you folks had told me.
  • mimi1234
    edited 22 February 2018 at 9:52PM
    Options
    So she has finally opened a case. I'm surprised she was able to do this after I reported her?

What happens if she returns empty tubes or half used ones?
  • mimi1234
    Options
    I've messaged her back via the case with the 2 receipts showing identical weights save 1g. I guess that might be classed as proof.

I've also had confirmation from the lady who bought the day before saying she definitely got 3 tubes - she thought I had lost the plot because she had already left glowing feedback but I explained what was going on to her and she understood.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    I've also had confirmation from the lady who bought the day before saying she definitely got 3 tubes - she thought I had lost the plot because she had already left glowing feedback but I explained what was going on to her and she understood.

While it makes you feel better, it has no bearing on this case.
  • This_Year
    Options
    I've messaged her back via the case with the 2 receipts showing identical weights save 1g. I guess that might be classed as proof.

Have you spoken to eBay about this? Keep all communication with the buyer via the case, don't message separately.
  • Tealblue
    Tealblue Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So she has finally opened a case. I'm surprised she was able to do this after I reported her?

What happens if she returns empty tubes or half used ones?

If reporting a buyer removed their right to open a case, every dodgy seller on ebay would be doing it!

You only refund for tubes received in new, unopened condition - and let her take it further with ebay if she wants to. Just make sure you get in first to CS with your side of the story if that happens.
  • mimi1234
    Options
    This_Year wrote: »
    Have you spoken to eBay about this? Keep all communication with the buyer via the case, don't message separately.

I did speak to eBay. I spoke to a lady from a distant shore who kept going ooooh and ummmm and ahhhhh.

She said I had to follow the process but to get in touch with them if the item I sent was not the one I received.

She also told me to upload the two sets of receipts on eBay in the case file so the proof was on show.

I am awaiting for the items to be returned now.
  • mimi1234
    Options
    So she messaged again yesterday:

as mentioned I was travelling and used the 2 tubes i received, so not possible to return.

i would like a refund on the 1 missing tube or replacement.

As if. Keep dreaming love. She can jog on. I will wait for the case to run out and it will close due to her not returning the item.
  • mimi1234
    Options
    Thanks so much all for your help in this matter.

She never sent anything back and the return has now timed out. The money in my PayPal is no longer on hold.

I appreciate all your advice. To be honest, I thought sending something signed for was more or less safe but I now know there are chancers out there who will try anything to get things for free.
  • This_Year
    Options
    Glad it worked out OK in the end. Hope you've blocked her so she can't try it on again! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure