Options

Comments

• mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    greedbay wrote: »
    Was the face cream expensive?

The tubes I sold were given as free gifts for purchases I made. The cream sold in 50ml jars is about £50. I sold the 3 x 30ml for £30.

I've messaged the lady and asked her to open a case and she has gone silent. There was a huge flurry of messages last night asking for a partial refund but I didn't respond to those.
  • Zandy_23
    Options
    It's clear you've been scammed. better be careful next time as these kinds of people are everywhere doing this to a lot of sellers and vise versa.
  • mimi1234
    Options
    Message just received:

I am travelling this coming week and cant be asked with the flaff...eitherr refund me for the 1 or send me a replacement pls.

I think I'll just leave it for now and see what she does next.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    Message just received:

I am travelling this coming week and cant be asked with the flaff...eitherr refund me for the 1 or send me a replacement pls.

I think I'll just leave it for now and see what she does next.

I'd now ignore and wait for what she does next or phone eBay and report her , eBay don't like buyers who refuse to open cases.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 12:35AM
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I think you are misunderstanding the depth of feeling that sellers have about being scammed .

Not at all - I'd feel just as strongly! I hate scammers and fraudsters with a passion.

I do think there is a tendency when emotions are running high to lose sight of the end goal which, for a sensible seller, is to keep their profit to a maximum and their grief to a minimum. Insisting they open a case then 'puts them on ebay's radar' as another poster has commented.
  • greedbay
    Options
    Since the buyer is being a pain in the proverbial and the cream wasn't exactly cheap, probably go with the advice of demand a return, especially as the buyer is being difficult.

Problem with ebay is it is so easy to set up a new account and protection always sides on the buyers no matter how dodgy they appear, I have no doubt this scammer will be back under a new guise when he is eventually kicked off ebay.

Similar things have happened to me, 'new' users who know exactly how to exploit the buyer protection.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    She is quite clearly trying to pull a fast one.

You have already asked her to open a case and return everything so don't bother replying to any more messages. Just wait and see what happens.

I bet she goes quiet... (or she might just leave a neg out of spite as her scam failed, but you can just reply calmly to it stating full refund offered upon return...)
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Opening a case is 100% the correct way to do things. Whether you then chose to hold out for a return or refund partially is up to the individual seller and not something any of us can decide is best for someone else.

Cases do have a tendency to chase off some chances. The determined will always get through and sometimes making that as hard as possible is the best way. Sometimes it's not.
  • askmeaboutsofas
    Options

:rotfl:Of course they are! Tell them you don't mind waiting until they have the time free to do the return. Once they realise they're not going to get their free money you won't hear from them again, and eBay will see that you're trying to do it all by the book, which is exactly how they like it.
    It might be worth reporting the buyer to eBay for unreasonable demands, so at least they have a record
    http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/handle-problems.html
    Well informed on the subjects of sofas and wood furniture, and well opinionated on everything else :rotfl:
  • mimi1234
    Options
    How do folks who have business eBay accounts fare? This woman right gave me the willies when I first got her messages, but now I can see she was just trying it on.

I will contact eBay on my day off and report her. When I chatted to them, they said if I told the buyer to open a case, she would probably go quiet, which is what most of what you folks said also.

I won't be replying to any more of her messages. Let's see if she opens a case or not!

PS. She had a brand new account with 0 feedback. She could technically have loads of these. Will she ever get caught out?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure