Missing Item - eBay

Options

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    How do folks who have business eBay accounts fare?

I guess we get a bit hardened to it. That's not to say you don't doubt yourself sometimes, we are all human.

Like some on here I would get the buyer to open a case and personally would take the most cost effective remedy. If that meant no return, then so be it. But if it mean paying £x in postage to get £y back but I was still up by £z, then that's the option I would take. Unless the partial refund of £a was less.

As a business, you write these "losses" into your business model, much like Sainsbury's expect a certain amount of shoplifting......sad though it is.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think as a business seller it is easier to call peoples bluff and take a bigger hit on return postage if they do actually return the item they obviously want a partial refund on. As a sole trader it is easier to have your business lose a few quid than it come out of your pocket even if it is coming out your pocket. If that makes sense.
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    I had a message yesterday regarding a Valentines Day related item that was posted on 5th Feb

"Hi, not received and it's too late now so can I get a refund". Replied asking them to open a case as a straight refund will get me a defect.

No response.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Yes, I find that requesting the buyer open a case usually means that I hear no more from them.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Shouty message received today along the lines of "why have you not sent me a replacement and why have you not given me a refund".

I've replied and said open a case, return received items as they were sent (foil wrapped tubes) and bubble wrap envelope and we will take it from there.

I expect another shouty message.
  • theonlywayisup
    Options
    Shouty message received today along the lines of "why have you not sent me a replacement and why have you not given me a refund".

I've replied and said open a case, return received items as they were sent (foil wrapped tubes) and bubble wrap envelope and we will take it from there.

I expect another shouty message.

I wouldn't reply now until a case is opened. Pointless keep saying the same thing.
  • tomvox
    tomvox Posts: 187 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't reply now until a case is opened. Pointless keep saying the same thing.

And send copies of the shouty messages to Ebay. Scammers having their card marked is never a bad thing.
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tomvox wrote: »
    And send copies of the shouty messages to Ebay. Scammers having their card marked is never a bad thing.

I've had a few more shouty messages:

WHO SAID YOU CAN'T GIVE ME A REFUND?

Y DO I HAVE TO OPEN A CASE!!!!

I've not responded to either and have reported her to eBay. I'm also going to get them to call me so I can explain everything in case they didn't understand what I had explained.

Thanks for all your help folks. This time last week I was tempted to give in and just refund her for one even though I am 100% sure I sent her 3. I am so glad I didn't.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've had a few more shouty messages:

WHO SAID YOU CAN'T GIVE ME A REFUND?

Y DO I HAVE TO OPEN A CASE!!!!

I've not responded to either and have reported her to eBay. I'm also going to get them to call me so I can explain everything in case they didn't understand what I had explained.

Thanks for all your help folks. This time last week I was tempted to give in and just refund her for one even though I am 100% sure I sent her 3. I am so glad I didn't.

Well done for not giving in.

I only wish more people stood up to these scammers and they might think twice next time.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "can't be asked with the flaff" is making me giggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure