Forum Home» Food Shopping & Groceries» Gone Off!

MSE News: Waitrose to scrap "confusing" offer - Page 17

New Post Advanced Search

MSE News: Waitrose to scrap "confusing" offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Gone Off!
165 replies 37.2K views
1111213141517»

Replies

• edited 23 March at 5:43PM
    kiwi07kiwi07 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 23 March at 5:43PM
    redfox said:
    kiwi07 said:
    redfox said:
    Yes it is, across all their stores the free coffee has been stopped until further notice. It was in an email received from John Lewis last week.
    I have not received anything from JL...
    this is from the email:
    "We have also taken the decision to close all Waitrose cafes and rotisseries, and to suspend complimentary coffees for myWaitrose members."
    That is why their shops are so empty since they stopped free coffees... I think free coffee and newspapers  were one if the reasons people shopped there...otherwise it's so dear.
  • edited 12 June at 12:31AM
    rom75rom75 Forumite
    9 posts
    First Post
    edited 12 June at 12:31AM
    Is their free coffee back?
  • redfoxredfox Forumite, Board Guide
    15.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rom75 said:
    no, not yet.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries and Shop but don't drop boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• rom75rom75 Forumite
    9 posts
    First Post
    redfox said:
    rom75 said:
    no, not yet.
    I doubt it will be back. They will come up with some excuse or there will be some minimum spend. 
  • flossy_splodgeflossy_splodge Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have just had a long chat with a lovely Customer service person so to bring things up to date:
      1. suggest everyone checks their 'My Waitrose' account, under 'my account' and' then under  'marketing preferences'  to make sure you have indicated you do want to receive offers 
    2. Mailings are probably beginning again shortly (couple of weeks?) so be patient.  Like many other companies they stopped unnecessary work to use their staff for key duties like ensuring stock availability etc!

:)

;)
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden