We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Prosperous soul in the making

1…366367369371372…396

Comments

  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 29,234 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Do you have a spare quilt you can put over your mattress (like a mattress topper)? We did this when our last mattress had springs poking through and managed to get a few more months out of it whilst we saved for a new one. It was actually really cosy.

    What about a second hand dryer? I've been looking for one and there's loads on Facebook between £30-100.
    Hi Welshkitty

    Sorry must have cross posted. Yes I am lying in the right place on the mattress currently but could add another mattress topper I have one.

    I looked on FB last night too. S/h could be an option. Or I could look for a dinky one for now since I will be mostly living alone. While the £350 one would be better for efficiency I could delay that and buy something cheaper for now which would reduce the pressure and review in a year or so if my budget allows
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality
    1) MFW Nov 21 £202K now £165K Equity 38.88% 6/9/26
    2) £1.5K Net savings after CCs 29/8/26 (but owed £130) so £1.6K
    3) 47/82K @29/8/26 = 57.31% AVC Goal by mid 2028
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.