Options

Comments

• Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 February 2018 at 5:47PM
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    Often there's a reason why they don't want to open a case. I posted on here about a year ago with a similar scenario, buyer left loads of negs and also positives with comments like 'thank you for resolving my issue'.

We went round in circles about opening a case, I struck to my guns- no case = no refund, it went on for a while and then it just stopped. No case was ever opened and no feedback was ever left.

Stick to your guns, if they ask again tell them to contact eBay to get assistance with opening the returns case.

Just my 2p worth as well. I had the same above last year. Item supposedly arrived damaged. I said open a case with photos. I kept getting messages refund me, refund me. Though no case ever opened.
    The address, basically somewhere you would never dare venture alone. This person naturally scammed, so many before. I think they didn't want to open a case as ebay might of been watching them?
    However, after the 30 days certain things started happening IE punctured car tyres on the drive way stuff. All after this 30 day I refused to refund type thing when crime ever rarely happens in my area. Sometimes ebay can be well murky waters, as you just don't know who your dealing with as a buyer!

Anyway good luck with the case. Hope you do ok.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes guy a work with got restricted on paypal for too many cases
    Always good to know, thanks :)
  • glentoran99
    Options
    treboeth wrote: »
    Always good to know, thanks :)

in fairness he was ripping the £$% out of it, his dominos pizza was SNAD just one too many times
  • es5595
    es5595 Posts: 380 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Nope, after he’s left a neg, that’s it.

I’d be sending a reply to the effect of “no problems, PayPal and eBay have washed their hands of it, but as a gesture of goodwill let me know where you’d like the £ refunded” and when they reply “sorry, I just noticed the negative feedback you’ve left, the goodwill has just strolled out the building” and block.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    es5595 wrote: »
    Nope, after he’s left a neg, that’s it.

I’d be sending a reply to the effect of “no problems, PayPal and eBay have washed their hands of it, but as a gesture of goodwill let me know where you’d like the £ refunded” and when they reply “sorry, I just noticed the negative feedback you’ve left, the goodwill has just strolled out the building” and block.

:rotfl: As tempting as that is, I have my £50 item back that I was selling, so although the buyer is a male chicken, it would not sit right.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    usefulmale wrote: »

Did you check if he actually IS a chartered accountant? Push back some. If he is registered, drop a line to his professional body.

And say what? "Did you know one of your registered members is being a naughty boy on ebay?"
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    And say what? "Did you know one of your registered members is being a naughty boy on ebay?"

Some of these professional bodies take such things quite seriously. Bringing the profession into disrepute etc.
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Options
    Some of these professional bodies take such things quite seriously. Bringing the profession into disrepute etc.

Has he claimed to be an accountant? If not then they’re unlikely to be interested.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    Options
    Has he claimed to be an accountant? If not then they!!!8217;re unlikely to be interested.
    davemorton wrote: »
    They dont seem to understand when I ask them to open a case, as they have just sent another message asking for a returns slip.
    He should be able to understand, as he isnt daft. Looking at the website of his shop, he is a Chartered Accountant, and has many other quals including a law degree A clever cookie all round. Not the profile I would have expected if I am being honest.

Apparently all over his shop website.

I would guess that the buyer is lying and is just listing such 'qualifications' to intimidate people into giving refunds.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    See if he appears on the register of chartered accountants

http://membersearch.icaew.com/Home/SearchMember?SearchMemberTown=&SearchMemberCounty=&SearchMemberCountry=United+Kingdom

If he does appear, let him know you have reported him to his professional body.

I'd be wary about doing that. You're potentially going to ruin this guys life over the back of some seedy activities?

What he is doing is unsavoury, but it's not worth destroying his life over is it?

Just get eBay to deal with him, and move on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure