My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hmmmmm not feeling too good tonight so I'm in bed early,my joints are aching and I feel really tired,my hands have been hurting for a few days now with stabbing pains in my fingers,I thought it might wear off but it hasn't yet
    Hopefully it will have improved by Saturday or I'm going to be in trouble walking round Bristol all day:eek:
    I've stocked up on painkillers just in case,I've just got the clothes ready that I'm wearing/ taking with me as I won't feel like it when I get home from work tomorrow night,im not taking much seeing as we are only staying overnight
    Just one more 12 hour shift to get through at work and I have a week off,I am sooooo ready for this week off I can't wait :j

I hope you feel better after a night's sleep OBL.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    So do I,she was out in the garden today but looked a bit sad,all her tail feathers have dropped out so her bum is a bit bare then she is all fluffy in the middle and on her face but has a bare neck,she has got lots of new feathers growing though so hopefully she will have finished moulting before the really cold weather arrives

It's a strange time to moult! :huh:
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    It's a strange time to moult! :huh:
    They like to wait until the least convenient moment to cause me maximum stress :rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Yay I am now on holiday for 9 days,I was in clinic all day today and my boss let me take annual leave and go home at 4.30 because there was lots of HCAs in today and it wasn't crazily busy
    I'm off to Bristol in the morning so I'm looking forward to that,I'm just hoping I feel better by tomorrow,I'm still achey and now have a really painful knee,luckily that seems to hurt less when I am walking around,so as long as i don't sit down anywhere it should be fine:eek::eek::rotfl:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Hurrah for annual leave :T.

I hope you manage to get to Bristol tomorrow for your mini break. Perhaps leaving work early will help. The Christmas market in Bristol is quite good isn't it.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Hurrah for annual leave :T.

I hope you manage to get to Bristol tomorrow for your mini break. Perhaps leaving work early will help. The Christmas market in Bristol is quite good isn't it.

Thanks Hairy,I'm sure I will be ok to pootle around, we will just have to have lots of rest stops
    Last time we went the market was really good but we ran out of time to have a proper look round the market and the shops,so that's why we are staying overnight,I'm not planning on spending much if anything but it's nice to just do something different for a change

I'm off to bed now so hopefully will get some sleep,hope you have a good weekend xx
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Enjoy annual leave. I have never been to Bristol, is it nice to go shopping in?

A hotel stay will be lovely too. Does it have a spa or anything that you can go and get a massage in?

Enjoy xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I think Cabot Circus mall in Bristol is really nice. I'm less keen on Broadmead.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    Enjoy annual leave. I have never been to Bristol, is it nice to go shopping in?

A hotel stay will be lovely too. Does it have a spa or anything that you can go and get a massage in?

Enjoy xx
    Bristol shopping is great but huge compared to where I live,the hotel is only. Premier inn so no spa but the most amazingly comfortable bed in the world :rotfl:
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    We are back from our adventure in Bristol, we had a really good time apart from the weather on Saturday was horrendous with heavy rain all day, the only disappointment was the Xmas market in Broadmead was not very good this year, last time we went there were lots of local craft people there selling good quality items and this year it was full of tat and cheap rubbish
    We had a good time shopping in the city though and spent ages in Foyles book shop plus a little independent one we found and of course Waterstones,DD bought a lovely jumper and all I bought was a book and a game for us to play at Xmas

The hotel we stayed in was a new Premier inn and it was lovely,it had the most amazingly comfortable bed that I didn't want to leave and the shower was so powerful it really helped my aching body,there was a bath as well which I would have liked a soak in but I didn't have any bubbles ,if I had known there was a bath I would have bought some Epsom salts to soak my tired legs in

On Sunday we went to another Xmas market on the harbour and this one was really good with lots of local crafts and lovely food produce and the bonus was it didn't rain on Sunday at all so we had a lovely walk round,we also found another craft market in one of the roads which was really good thrnwe had another wander round Cabot's Circus before going to catch our train home
    By the time we got to the train station our feet were killing us from all the walking,I said it was a shame DD had sent her Fitbit back because it would have been good to see how many steps we did over the weekend
    I was really glad to get home and have a hot shower then put my pjs on last night
    The dog and cat were happy to see us back as well
    All in all it was a good weekend away, I spent quite a lot just eating while we were there but shared the cost with DD so not too bad
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback