My journey to a debt free life

Options

Comments

• Willowtree222
    Options
    I love how you have agreed to cut down with your family. My mum has requested some Elemis, Molten Brown etc. Not exactly cheap!

x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    :mad: to rude people at work. Some people are very entitled and obviously suffer from anger issues. Not nice to take it out on you though :mad:.

@Nicnak Molten Brown :eek:.

It's an excellent idea not to go overboard at Christmas. We helped to build our debts up treating the children at Christmas etc :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    :mad: to rude people at work. Some people are very entitled and obviously suffer from anger issues. Not nice to take it out on you though :mad:.

It's an excellent idea not to go overboard at Christmas. We helped to build our debts up treating the children at Christmas etc :(.

Yep, I know. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Nicnak wrote: »
    I love how you have agreed to cut down with your family. My mum has requested some Elemis, Molten Brown etc. Not exactly cheap!

x
    Ouch to Molten Brown or Elemis,maybe you need to have the conversation with the family now you are on your own,I buy for my mum and dad but I don't t go crazy because my mum would worry that's I'd spent too much,I normally get them something to eat some smellies and something to read :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    What a horrible experience work must have been. No wonder the NHS loses so many staff. :(
    I hope you have a nice weekend to help make up for it.

What a good idea!
    There is a campaign being launched at the moment about keeping staff safe at work because incidences of abusive and violent behaviour towards NHS staff is increasing,one of my colleagues was attacked by a patient last year,she pulled so much of her hair out you could seen a bald patch and it took 5 people to pull this woman off her
    I have been shouted at and verbally abused on several occasions and it's very demoralising

I am having a lovely weekend so far thanks :j
  • Onebrokelady
    Options

I just walked away and refused to engage with her after that,she was obviously angling for an arguement,after she had a go at me she sat laughing with her friend about it,you would think a parent would be more grown up

It's so difficult when Xmas comes around, I start off with a budget and vow to stick to it but then I wrap the presents and it always looks like such a small amount so I end up buying extra bits
    It pains me to say it but my DD1 can be quite materialistic and I was worried about setting the budget at £50 but DD2 thinks even that is too much,she would be happy with a couple of books,it's my fault she expects so much each year because I have obliged year after year

This year I decided enough was enough and I'm not going to buy any extra,she was probably a bit miffed when I told her I couldn't get the bag but I'm sure she will get over it, I'm just thinking the first year of the new budget will be a shock for her but next year she will have got used to it.......she doesn't know it yet but I might cut it down again next year:rotfl: she is planning another baby this year so I've told her that the more grandchildren I have the less there will be for adult presents:rotfl:.......I think she thought I was joking
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    There is a campaign being launched at the moment about keeping staff safe at work because incidences of abusive and violent behaviour towards NHS staff is increasing,one of my colleagues was attacked by a patient last year,she pulled so much of her hair out you could seen a bald patch and it took 5 people to pull this woman off her
    I have been shouted at and verbally abused on several occasions and it's very demoralising

It's quite horrific that this happens. You see similar campaigns on the railways and in Post Offices so perhaps it's a wider trend, but it's one of those areas where I feel the perpetrators should be severely dealt with.

I hope you go on enjoying the weekend! We had sun again here after a very foggy day yesterday, it makes such a difference.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    I've had a lovely relaxing day today's,I was extremely lazy this morning and didn't get up until 10.30:eek: I'm blaming it on my Duvet cover,it's a brushed cotton one I bought in Nexxt when I wasn't so careful with money,it's soooooo soft and warm and snuggly whenever it's on my bed I don't want to get up:rotfl: I have another one that I bought in Matalannn but although it's nice it's not as soft as the Nexxt one,in the winter I alternate these on my bed to keep me warm

I met my mum for lunch and a catch up today and we had a browse around town so that was nice,DD2 came as well which was nice as mum hasn't seen her for a couple of months, we were in Willkos and mum bought me a set of tiny battery operated Xmas lights to put on my dolls house,I think they will look really nice

We then came home and walked the dog before settling down in the warm for the night,I'm yawning now so might go off to bed soon

Tomorrow we are taking the dog for a long walk along our local river to a really nice dog friendly pub that we like,in the winter we sit inside with a hot chocolate and in the summer we sit out by the river with a cold cider:beer: then we will be back home for the afternoon and I might get some sewing done
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    :j I've just noticed I've graduated to a Serious Money Saving Fan on my profile:j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you suffered at the hands of the general public , it's completely not acceptable and happens far to often. You did right to walk away , I always think they should be asked to leave and not allowed back.

Well done on keeping your Xmas budget how you planned, I am also guilty of going overboard but this year have tried to keep to my Xmas fund. I think I will be over by £30 which isn't so bad.

Have a lovely walk by the river and enjoy the hot chocolate , it looks like another sunny day here so hopefully it is neat you as well.

I am off to the Christmas markets but won't be buying the expensive hot chocolate! .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback