Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt Free Diaries

My journey to a debt free life - Page 109

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

My journey to a debt free life

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
4.5K replies 236.6K views

Replies

• HairyHandofDartmoorHairyHandofDartmoor Forumite
    13.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a lovely day at the beach today,the dog was in heaven and the weather although fresh was really nice,it wasn't too windy so that kept the temperature from falling too far,Im shattered now though, all that sea air has made me very sleepy

I was washing the dishes earlier and I decided to count my cutlery,I have 22 dessert spoon,21 knives,22 forks and 22 teaspoons,who the hell needs that much cutlery:eek::rotfl:
    Guess what I'm getting rid of next:rotfl:

Glad you had a good day at the beach :). I'm jealous of your cutlery collection, we keep running out because DS3 stockpiles them in his room :eek:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £500/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £144.37/£500. SEF = £1,000/£10,000
    PREMIUM BONDS ME = £300. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300. HOLIDAY MONEY £800
  • Lifeisforliving19Lifeisforliving19 Forumite
    337 posts
    ✭✭
    Interesting about the eggs. I would never buy from caged hens. Only ever buy free range chicken as well.
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!

• SystemSystem Forumite
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday sounded great OBL , I love the seaside to blow the cobwebs away.

Have a good weekend .
  • OnebrokeladyOnebrokelady Forumite
    4.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad you had a good day at the beach :). I'm jealous of your cutlery collection, we keep running out because DS3 stockpiles them in his room :eek:.
    Im downsizing my cutlery collection to six of each item, there is no way I will ever use that much cutlery :rotfl:
    By the time I'm finished my house will be streamlined to within an inch of its life :j
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £3,448 Total Now Owed = £14,169.77
    Emergency Fund = £1000 Xmas savings = £0
    House Fund = £900 😊
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday sounded great OBL , I love the seaside to blow the cobwebs away.

Have a good weekend .
    Thanks it was a good day :)
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £3,448 Total Now Owed = £14,169.77
    House Fund = £900 😊
    4.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I thought I would sleep really well last night after all that sea air,I went to bed at 10pm because I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep straight away,but then woke up at 11.30 pm,2.30am and 4am,then my alarm went off at 5.30 ,I was not happy
    Despite my bad nights sleep I wasn't that tired today so work was ok in the end
    I now have two days off but I'm going to be busy,tomorrow morning I'm going out with colleagues for breakfast,it's a leaving do for someone and they decided breakfast was a good idea instead of an evening meal,so I won't get my Saturday morning lie in which is a bit sad but never mind I'm having pancakes so there is a silver lining :j:rotfl:
    Im then coming home and me and DD are sorting through the airing cupboard to get rid of all the bedding I no longer use,some of it can go to the charity shop but some bits are not good enough so will go to the clothes bank bin for recycling,there are some throws in there that I don't use so they can go as well
    I might also sort the cutlery tomorrow and take that to the charity shop too,I will see how we get on
    I also need to hoover at some point over the weekend and I still haven't done the ironing so that is also on the list

Hobby wise I am thinking I might paint the table and chairs I got for the dolls house for Christmas,I haven't done anything to it for a while and there are some little jobs I could do,I need to make some more window blinds and another woolly blanket for one of the beds so any of that could be done over the weekend

Apart from that I am plannning on chilling out for a bit :)
    House Fund = £900 😊
  • CherryfudgeCherryfudge Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Cherry,my DD uses bullet journals and I thought it was too much of a fuss ,who is the originator? I will have a look :)

It's Ryder Carroll, and the book is called The Bullet Journal Method. I got a bit side-tracked reading an article that it links to about how writing by hand activates more bits of brain than typing, and at this rate it may take weeks to finish, but so far I'm finding it interesting. It's £2.99 on Kindle or £8.99 elsewhere. There's a decent-sized sample available for free through [email protected] to give you an idea.

Love the chicken stories!
    Fashion on the Ration challenge: 26.5 coupons spent out of 66
  • DrawingalineDrawingaline Forumite
    2K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I found the minimalists two years ago on fbook. I loved them and they helped me with my decision to declutter. However I found them a little too determined and I have moved away and now use a couple of fbook groups and other people who live a minimalist lifestyle with kids which is more me. Also I have a hoarder for a husband which is incredibly annoying. Although just before Xmas he went through the three bin bags of cables and pared it down to one normal size carrier bag :eek: amazing breakthrough :rotfl:

Good luck with your endeavours, it's an ongoing process. I tried to minimise to six plates, bowls etc. We needed way more glades, knives and side plates than that I discovered :rotfl: but overall there is much less in the house than their was two years ago and I am much more aware of what new things I am bringing in these days too.
    Dad 6k
    Offer on house and chain complete 21st July 2020
    Solicitors instructed 23rd July 2020
    Mortgage application 28th July 2020
    Mortgage valuation booked 12th August 
    Mortgage offer 7th September! 😁
    All enquiries answered and ready to exchange 6 Nov 2020
    Buyer pulled out 7 Nov 2020
    New offer accepted 10 Nov 2020
    Back on the rollercoaster, hope to exchange and complete Jan 2021!
    Exchanged 20th Jan 2021.
    Completion set for 27th January 2021 🎉🎉
  • NicnakNicnak Forumite
    5.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how your minimising. I wish I could do that with daughter's toys, but she doesn't have any of it and gets everything back out of the bag because she desperately needs it. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330
    October 2020 Debt = £28,270
    2021 Start:
    Car £17450 = £13,000
    Loan £11000 = £9,929
    TOTAL£28,450 = £22,929
    Mortgage £191,311 = £188,833
    EF = £750 Xmas = £72
  • Lifeisforliving19Lifeisforliving19 Forumite
    337 posts
    ✭✭
    Interesting about writing by hand, activating different parts of the brain. I have often thought that as we type more on the computer and text etc, our ability to write is decreasing. I wrote a letter to my mum the other day ( she is in a care home) and was amazed at how messy my writing seems to have become and how hard I actually found it...missing letters etc. Think I should maybe start writing a journal or something
    DMP 2015 £57,549, now £36,112 (37% paid)
    EF £200 Mortgage OP's this year £115

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow, Shining at the End of Every Day!