New diary

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,662 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done. You must be feeling fantastic and brilliant on sticking to the budget and getting all the debt cleared. You can now become a saver and then you will be in an even greater position.

I am glad my advice helped but you did all the hard work :j:j:j:beer:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Thankyou enthusiasticsaver...trust me, I feel blooming fabulous and can't stop smiling right now!

The fact I've managed to scrap an emergency fund of £1000 together is helping me sleep soundly at night too...just knowing you've got that bit of back up is a huge relief!

I promised I'd treat myself when debt free and I did last night. We were going to order a takeaway, but we all fancied pizza, so popped to Asda a got a couple and stuck them in the oven...saved a fortune! I may me debt free and now have savings, but I do not intend on wasting money ever again. This pizza was just as nice and one of my friends who joined us is having financial trouble at the moment, so can't imagine she'd want to waste money on a takeaway so she was happy. I got a bottle of wine too and spent less than £10 in total...bargain!

Saturday and going to make a coffee, get my book and put my feet up...how rock and roll! Ha ha!

Happy Satuday peeps
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh congratulations to you!!!

It must feel amazing!!

I will get there one day!

Do you have a savings plan/target now?

Well done!!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Sunday 3rd June. Meals for the week cooked and prepared.

I've got a few birthdays on June, so been out this morning (walked to save on petrol and for some exercise) and got the cards (29p) a small token gifts. I used to go all out of gifts...a reason which would of added to my £11,000 debt a few years ago. But I don't anymore, truly believe it's the thought that counts and wouldn't dream of spending a fortune on toys for friends with babies now (when they're likely to never be played with) I'm more practical these days-clothes they'll wear etc.

Feeling super organised for the week ahead and ready to battle through some overtime with the second job (an extra 10 hours to fit in) but it'll be worth it to see my emergency fund grow!

Happy Sunday!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming debt free!! I'm absolutely delighted for you!!

Well done :):):)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations on your debt freeness :j :D xx
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    11th June. Got a busy week ahead so I got organised yesterday and made lunches for this week...really does save a fortune! I stick Dave Ramsey on and cook away. Ha ha the excitement on a Sunday afternoon!

I have this weekend spent a totally of £3.25. Needed bread and milk etc. I was going to go out on Sat night, but after a day in the sunshine and catching up
    On jobs I was too tired and chilled instead....I was greatful for this yesterday when all
    My friends were hungover and had spent a fortune! One friend text to say she was gutted she'd spent £80!! And nothing but a hangover to show for it!

Feel great starting the week knowing I've not wasted loads of money and wasted a day in bed.

I've put £40 in my Christmas account as this is near to what is of spent on Sat night (if I'd of gone out) so it needs a home before it gets spent!
    Debt-0
    Emergency fund-1,000
    Christmas-50
    Left in account-250
    Pay day two weeks today.
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow! What a great situation to be in!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Pay day tomorrow and my wage will be MINE!!! I don't owe anyone-eeeekkkkk!!

However, I'm still going to focus on my goals and take out what I paid on debt £500+ and put it into savers account for next few months, until I'm happy I've got a stable cushion behind me.

I'm still working overtime when available and second job, but it's nice to be able to turn the odd day down and not felt awfully guilty that I could pay an extra £20-£30 off debt if I worked etc.

Looking at booking nice holiday next year, with every penny saved for by myself-no more naughty credit in any form!!!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Amazing! Well done, you must feel over the moon!

:)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport