New diary

Options

Comments

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Hi enthusiasticsaver,
    Thank you for posting-much appreciated.

I titled agree with the spending money for the sake of it, so with my little extra money a monthly any of it I don't spend will be going straight to emergency fund.

I have really learnt what needs and wants are and if it's not going to change my life or help me in any way then it'll be staying on the shelf. I will not be going back to spending because the money is there.

I've de-cluttered a lot over the last few months and I think that alone has helped my mental state-clear house=clear mind. Amazing the amount of un useful junk you accumulate over the years, isn't it?

Minimalist life for me-I haven't missed wasting money, shopping for something that actually won't mark me happy etc not one bit. It's funny, I've read in here a few people who have said the same-I haven't missed spending. Which just get into such a habit so quickly, it's makes normal. But no more of that for me.

I've managed to pick up some hours at work today, so best shape myself quick sticks.

In all honesty, I'd rather stay at home and chill after this week, but needs must and it's not forever! I have a date with Ant and Dec tonight and a large bag of crisps-blooming bliss! The thought of going out and spending £70+ on a night out-ugh! Give me the TV remote and now hangover anyway! Ha ha. (Wow I've changed!)

Happy Sat people-make it a positive, productive one! Make you life better for the future now!
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    11th March-a beautiful day outside. Mother's Day too, a reminder of how lucky I am to have a mum to celebrate.

Quality time today with the family, which won't cost.

Will update more later
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Been a few days since I've posted-time just seems to be flying by!

18th March 2018. I got a lot more birthday money than expected :-) I have also worked more overtime-ugh, but needs to be done! Paid off another £300 on debt, some b-day money the rest bit the bullet and paid abit more out of my bank, defiantly nothing planned for the rest of the month!

However, my debt now stands at 2,300! By the end of March, I hoping to get another £500/£600 paid off, which will take my debt to 1,700 ish. Can't wait to for that to be under £1000!

Work, sleep, pay it down, work, sleep pay it down is my current Moto-I could cry some days through exhaustion, but id be crying a whole lot more if I hadn't started paying this debt off because I'd of been in a terrible mess if I'd if carried on down the slippery road!

My 100% focus is to get this paid down as soon as possible now!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Hi! Not popped in for a while as currently on holiday, just wanted to say well done on sticking to your plan! I think you're doing absolutely brilliantly. Hope you enjoyed your birthday and keep up the fantastic momentum!

Rab :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Debtnomore...
    I love how positive your diary is. I'm 3 months in to my new less spendy life and like you I don't miss spending. If anything I've become a little scared of it. ha ha
    Good luck. you are so close to the end :)
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    24th March- I honestly don't know where time has gone!

A week until pay day, although thinking I might get paid early as it's Easter weekend. I just can't wait to pay another lump sum of money off this debt!

Got plenty of food left, so no need for another shop before pay day-apart from the odd bottle of milk and loaf of bread.

Nights are becoming lighter, so not using my car as much therefore not had to do lots of petrol top ups...every penny counts!

The sun is out today-finally! So a nice walk planned with my friend, we are having lunch before we go so we aren't tempeted with a pub lunch! Although, the I really could just eat one! Well a few months time, I will be able to treat myself to the odd pub lunch :-)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,609 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

However, my debt now stands at 2,300! By the end of March, I hoping to get another £500/£600 paid off, which will take my debt to 1,700 ish. Can't wait to for that to be under £1000!

Almost down to 50% paid off since January :beer::beer:

It will be great to get less than £2k then you know you will be on homeward straight.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Thank you enthusiasticsaver-I like the sound of that, 'nearly 50% gone!'

Sunday morning, up early due to me getting organised! I've managed to get some extra work link with my day job, and need to plan an amazing project session for next week-3 days sessions after work, but if they like my project It could become regular work.
    So up early, coffee in hand and need to plan like my life depends on it! Amazing how you can find little bits of extra work when you just ask around and are willing to try anything! Fingers crossed the brain works this morning! Ha ha
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Well all that overtime has paid off-body exhausted and blooming awful bags under my eyes, but my debt now, on good Friday-30/3/18 at £969!!! I could actually...well I did actually cry a little when I saw it under the £1000 mark!! It's going to be another awfully tight month, but I'm getting used to it and actually rather enjoy the shopping round, only so much to spend etc.

It's been a very hard month, working a full time job with a part time job on top, but clearly worth it!!

I saved £15 from my birthday money (used the rest to pay debt down) and I've invited a couple of friends over for a takeaway-I told myself I'd treat myself at the end of the month. I know some people will say this is a waste of money, and should be paying off debt, but I didn't go out for my birthday or anything and don't plan on spending the whole £15. I'm so sadly, unbelievably excited about tonight's takeaway! I will savour every bite as the next one will be a while off! One of my friends won a ridiculous amount of wine/alcohol on a raffle...im convinced she was the only one in the actual raffle! Ha ha. So she's bringing all that tonight, I'm not a huge fan of wine, but it's free, so that'll do me!

My tummy is so fuzzy with excitement and happiness. To think back a few years ago and how much debt I was in. I was a totally different person: grumpy, unpleasant, boring, emotional, tired etc. I just wish I'd focused this much years ago, but I really do think you get to a point (light bulb moment) and you really just can't take the sleepless nights, stress and worry anymore.

I'm aware I'm not there yet, but I'm in a much better place than I was and for that I'm grateful!

Have a wonderful Easter, you lovely lot X
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    WOW!!! That's absolutely amazing. Well done, I am so happy for you!! :D

Enjoy your meal tonight, I don't think anyone reading your thread will say you shouldn't have it, you completely deserve it! Not so sure about tomorrows hangover though......

ENJOY :):):)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport