Options

Comments

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Finally a day off!
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Finally a day off!

Earnt an extra £20 last night-babysitting. They did get back an hour later than they said , but I didn't mind.

Feeling tired today, but need to motivate myself and get organised for the rest of the week. Positive on a Monday morning is always a good start to the week!

Will check in later and fill in how motivated I was-job one is coffee!
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Managed to motivate myself and get up off the sofa and do something productive!

*Ironed the pile of clothes for the rest of the week.

*pasta made for tea and will do for tomorrow's lunch.
    *made soup for the rest of the week (waiting to freeze)
    * decluttered and feels so much better!
    I really do feel happier with less, clutter just makes me feel stressed!

Candles are lit, feet are up and about to start reading a new book-bliss!

NSD, I'll pop to the bank tomorrow to put last nights £20 in the bank-better in there than in my purse! It's £20 I wouldn't of had, so going to pretend i don't have it, so can pay another £20
    Off OD. I know it's not much, but better than wasting it on rubbish.

Happy Sunday!
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    It's the little savings that have had the biggest impact for me so far, all those twenty quids here and there make a big difference!

I'm also with you on the de-cluttering. I did it a few months ago and it felt great. Even just having a good tidy up helps, spent a good hour yesterday just going through things that were starting to accumulate around the house.

You must be feeling pretty positive and looking forward to the end of this month, you're on the home straight :)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Sunday again! Not sure where time is going?!

Managed some more overtime this week, will be worth it at the end of the month! Hoping by end of April to have my debt in the very low hundreds at least (will work on zero!) but might not get there at the end of April, but 100% by the end of May!

I'm still drawing up saving plans, and for when I'm 100% debt free. I'm so used to paying out large chunks of money on debt, I'll have no problem saving instead. I'm still going to give myself so much a week/month (maybe £50-£100) more a month when debt free, but anything by the end of the months that's not spent will go straight into savers account (won't be spending it for the sake of it) will just be nice to have a little extra. I'll also be able to cut down on the overtime a little once I've got my saving pots where I want them. Feel like all I've done since after Xmas is work, work, work-although, im well aware that's all my own fault for getting into debt. I've well and truly learnt the hard way over the years and will not be getting myself back in the mess again! Money or head wise!

Today, I need to shift my bum and jump in the shower! I've had a very lazy morning reading dairies etc on here, which do 100% focus me and motivate me!

Today:
    Make lunches for the week
    Sort ironing, clothes etc
    Read next chapter of my book (I make myself read a chapter at least a day-saves staring at the TV)
    Walk to the shops for some milk (£1)
    Pop to fiends, but think I'll walk (saves on petrol and much more healthy)
    If time later, look at debt busting for the rest of the month and re-look at savings plans (this motivates me)
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Wednesday wobbles! I have always hated Wednesday's, it's my worst day at work (busier than the others) And I always seem to have a mid week slump!

Feel exhausted and work, overtime and other job to fit in this week yet! I can't wait for Sunday! Feel I waste my day off though, as too tired half the time to do anything. But it's not forever, I will be debt free next month! I won't this month now, thanks to two flat tyres I had to replace!!! The joys or British roads-shocking!!!

Anyway, off to bed, got some overtime in tomorrow, so early start and late finish.

Oh well, soon be pay day! And my debt will be below the £500 at the minimum, hoping for more!
  • fatrab
    Options
    I'm starting to dislike Tuesday almost as much, if not more, than Wednesday! At least on a Wednesday at lunchtime you can tell yourself you're past the half way point!

Bad news about the tyres, sorry to hear that. I buy mine mail order from either Camskill or Mytyres and have them fitted by a mate so it works out hell of a lot cheaper than using any of the chain tyre and exhaust places.

You've really got stuck in and smashed your debt so don't be too disheartened that it's not going to be cleared just yet!

Once you have an emergency fund and some general savings these wee things that are sent to test us will be a lot easier to cope with.

:)

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Absolutely agree Fatrab...everyone must have a day they dislike, surely?! How are you getting on? Will check in on your diary too x

Luckily, I don't have an expensive car...cheap banger! But it's paid for and not on finance, which I'm forever grateful for! Still was an unexpected expense!

I do best myself up a lot over these little blips, but like you said- a good emergency find wouldn't of been a problem or worry. I can't wait to be 100%debt free and have a great emergency fund! Will get there, just takes time.
  • fatrab
    Options
    I'm doing ok, thanks for asking :) x

I've just got a bigger pile of debt that's going to take longer to shift so slugging it out month to month is going to be monotonous for a while but I hope to be free from my unsecured debts in around a year (assuming I get my car sold and buy a cheaper one) and then my mortgage completely gone in around 3-5 years.

I know that sounds vague but it all depends on what position I'm in when I remortgage. If the car is sold by then I'm going for a 3 year fix and then going to hammer the overpayments, if not it'll be a 5 year fix and just slug it out. I'll still be debt free before I'm 50 which was always my goal :)

I'll be so happy for you on the day you make your declaration of debt freedom! I'm sure, like me, you'll never let things slip again. It's been a tough lesson to learn, but learning it while you're still young enough to sort it out is the important thing.

As for your car (you know I like rambling on about cars lol) - it may be a banger to others, but it's your wee pride and joy. Look after it and it will look after you.

Rx

• Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Been naughty and not checked in for a while, but not because I've fallen off the wagon, but because I've been working, working, working.

My first day off today and I'm going to get organised this morning for the week. Then perhaps have a little nap (had to force myself to get up or id of stayed in bed all day, I'm that tired.) and watch some junk of the TV-bliss day!! Not the most exciting, but about all I've got the energy for after the hours I've worked this week.

Tomorrow can not come quick enough-although it's a Monday, which I usually hate! But it's pay day and the last day I'll ever be in my overdraft because it'll be all paid off-every penny and closed down! £2500-gone!!!

I've planned my budget this week, so tomorrow I'll be paying £500 off my debt. Will look for a little wiggle room to the extra few pounds off etc. I want my debt at £400 tomorrow, no more.

I'd love to have it all paid off tomorrow, but with life and expenses I just can't do it. However, on a good note-I'll be debt free next month!!

I could pay the £200 out of my savings (put in monthly) this month and have my debt at £200, but that debt is on 0% so doesn't make any difference or sense, as if I have any emergencies this month (new tyres! Etc) then I'd be in trouble. So will stick with the plan. And what's 1 more month after, 4+ years of paying this debt off! So nearly debt free and some savings-it's defiantly a new start for me!! Never thought I'd be in this position!

Although I'll be debt free next month, I'm going to keep working the overtime (maybe not as much) whilst I save my emergency funds etc.
    1) £2000 comfortable emergency fund, which if I do use at any point I will top up again etc-I don't want it under £2000 really.
    2) 3-6months expensive saved just incase etc
    3) car fund-£1000. And so on. I will focus more on these when debt free and will continue to update on her with my saving pots-it's good for me.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you on here. Especially Fatrab for your constant support.
    Enthusiastic saver you've no idea how much you've helped me with your advice on clearing my overdraft first...I'm just so glad I listened to you as if they took that back off me a few months ago, I'd of been in a massive mess-so thank you for talking sense into me. All your advice and encouragement on here has truly been amazing and extremely invaluble! I thank you again.

Tomorrow I will make myself a nice tea to celebrate overdraft paid off-a nice piece of meat and veg I think. Cut back on the nice meats etc since Christmas-too expensive! Ha ha.

Now time for coffee and to plan my weeks food/bills etc.

Happy Sunday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport