Unsolicited message?

Options

Comments

• fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    - I'm not intending on 'adding' anyone. It's more: should I message X because I quite liked them, and the feeling may possibly slightly be mutual
    I don't see how any feeling can be mutual if you haven't even spoken to her yet?
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    I don't see how any feeling can be mutual if you haven't even spoken to her yet?
    I meant possible attraction.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    Judi wrote: »
    just say hello to her in class....see where that leads you.
    I'm not sure if you read the full post.
    That was my intention next time, but I'm asking if she didn't go next time as these are not regular people subscription classes.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Play it safe, let her make the move.
    Erm...huh!?
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't know that sending unsolicited messages through Facebook is ever a good idea.
    If there is a mutual attraction I would've thought that she'd make sure she goes to the next event and if there's not then it may well come across as a little bit stalkerish.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    chesky wrote: »
    If she doesn’t turn up to the next one, you could message her then.
    Ye that's what I'm thinking
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    rach_k wrote: »
    I'd wait until you've spoken to her in person first. It looks a bit shallow to get in touch after you've only seen her. Even if the physical attraction goes both ways, I think people like to believe you like their personality too!
    Yes, very true, that's why I'm apprehensive. Will wait and see if I see her again and decide then.
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    Izadora wrote: »
    I don't know that sending unsolicited messages through Facebook is ever a good idea.
    If there is a mutual attraction I would've thought that she'd make sure she goes to the next event and if there's not then it may well come across as a little bit stalkerish.
    Ye, fair point. Will be much easier if she went next month and I could try strike up conversation in person
  • moneysaverz83
    Options
    Thanks guys! Seems like fors and against both ways. I'm not going to speculate, will see what happens in the next couple weeks.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OP I'm going to give you a slightly different view.

I used to smile and be nice to strangers. Now I'm very wary of being nice to strange men because experience has taught me that many of them mistake the act of simply being nice as having a romantic interest in them.

I'd also be concerned if someone who had only glanced my way went to the trouble of finding out my name and tracked me down on social media. To me its the difference between talking to someone you like at a pub and following them home and peering through the curtains.

However I appreciate my views may be tainted by the disturbing experiences I've had so I'm more likely to see it in a bad light.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure