NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ARGH! I think I will have two off school down with the cold today, school finishes tomorrow, why could they not have waited? Of course it is one from each school, so I will still have to take the remaining child to each school. Boo! And I have just had a parcel delivery notification that 'something' is to be delivered today.

Bet it comes when I am out .

So, off to swing through the branches a la Tarzan and drop off a couple of kids, then home to rock the hammocks of the coughing kids. Hot baths, hot chocolate and I might have made a tray of chocolate and salted caramel iced buns to tempt the ones with no appetite. They are soft and cocoa is medicinal.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning turtles-

Today is NSD #6 - so far I am on track to be on 8 by Sunday, however something has gone in hubs car, so that could spoil my big plans a little.hub thinks no big deal with the car but I am a massive panicker, I guess this is why I have an emergency fund but I still do not like the idea of dipping into it!

Looks like my Tax free Childcare is up & running, which is nothing short of a miracle considering it has been broken since April last year. This has been a massive headache for us and, so long as it is now working as they say, will be a huge relief.

My frogs for this weekend are- sort my recipe folder out, clean my little boys electric car (and take him out on it) . I also need to deep clean my house, which I will hopefully start tonight.

Budgets are as follows-
    1000 emergency fund
    700 Paris fund
    100 xmas 18 fund
    97 spends:eek:
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I did a grocery shop last night, I have decided to do an online one next week as taking DH with me is costing way more than it should. Still within budgets though.

I told the kids we were cutting down on puddings and chocolate/crisps etc, we are eating too much and creating too much waste at the weekends. As a compromise I said I would do homemade popcorn on Friday night and they could have the other stuff Saturday - DS was fine but DD on principal argues with everything I say so she was not happy.

Sold an item on ebay last night so will post that today, that gives me £7.50 in the holiday pot plus £4 from an item I sold at the weekend. My other buyer didn't pay and is just ignoring all communication so I have cancelled that one and re-listed.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    GOOD MORNING!!!!

What a glorious MORNING it is! Wow nearly the end of another week!! Managed to pot 5 NSD's in a row however today is a "purchase" lunch out-of-necessity day. However it will be minimal spends as I have as work canteen which is subsidized. £3 maximum sponsored by Mumsy. :rotfl:...(Does it help that I found 2 x £1 coins at different times in the gym...finders keepers and all that??...)

Gym yesterday twice, morning for self imposed HIIT (only 20 minutes) and evening for a leg workout. Tis good fun feeling the burn the next day. Bride-To-Be has been in contact - happy with me locating my own dress here in the UK and not paying $200 for her ideal number.... PHEW! She's cool!

I couldn't get on to my library account yesterday ... NEARLY BOUGHT ANOTHER BOOK ON AMAZON! But I resisted. It felt good to resist. All monies still in tact so there will be a little more to play with tomorrow albeit not a lot.

Payslip will arrive in my email today so I can start mentally breaking down the funds and seeing how little I can live on. Haha!

I joined my local Mountain Rescue Team last year. My probationary assessment is in a few weeks so we have training on Sunday - the meet-ups and training costs more in petrol so I know there will be more to give Mumsy this week. :(.. Needs must..

So there we go - back to the gym tonight (which was paid for upfront for 3 months)...

Onwards and Upwards!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks Mothernerd, could be right feel more weepy after nasty viruses that are about.

Yesterday a SFD.

Walk done 15k and 60 flights of stairs in that. Panic set in as it was getting dark and wasn't sure how to get down hill I was up. Luckily met a guy looking for his dog, who gave me directions. I found his dog as well.

Collecting grandson today after work so may treat him to a cake so may spend a small amount.

Had £5 in from surveys today and £100 from cleaning job. Saved £100 towards my new blinds, increased my dd to £200 for cc and paid another £7 off another card. Debt paid off now 23%:D

NSD - 6
    Food £18.81/£80
    Petrol 0/40
    ME upkeep(hair/make up)- 3/10
    Clothing 0/20
    Social - 0/50
    Money gained surveys/extra income this month - £124.81
    Credit card payments this mth - £273
    New Blinds to pay for £124/£224 in a few weeks time.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    dolly84 wrote: »
    I told the kids we were cutting down on puddings and chocolate/crisps etc, we are eating too much and creating too much waste at the weekends. As a compromise I said I would do homemade popcorn on Friday night and they could have the other stuff Saturday - DS was fine but DD on principal argues with everything I say so she was not happy.

Do you give them pocket money? I told mine I would happily buy them the drinks, crisps, snacky bits they want in their lunchboxes, but come the weekend/evening, if they want snacks then they are to use their money. Otherwise they would eat their way through the pantry and I would be shopping every day. Not sure how old yours are. Their money does not go far in the corner shop. :rotfl:
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    Looks like my Tax free Childcare is up & running, which is nothing short of a miracle considering it has been broken since April last year.
    :

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j Hope it is backdated and there is loads of it. :T
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Don't sacrifice yourself too much because if you sacrifice too much there is nothing left to give and no-one to care for you.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is the incredible amount of overthinking you are doing with the problem. Let it go and be free.

HOPE begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work; you don't give up.
    Anne LaMott

Sorry for the delay, pinterest and the laptop were not talking last night, don't know which one was sulking (both have had their moments this week).

First quote seemed a little bleak when I had set it down, so I tried again.

I have been thinking about a mini-challenge but I have given you a lot to do this month - may add some wit and wisdom (my years must account for something) or advice on what to do when things are bad. Hope none of you need it but some things could be helpful when you are ill or overloaded.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Today will be unexpected NSD 6 he he.

Two poorlies on the sofa, hopefully will get them back to school for the last day of school. All food will be from stores, will shop tomorrow if I am without small people.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Woke in time to go to the doctor's. Lovely doctor was fully booked but woman doctor was the alternative. Haven't seen her often (she doesn't do many days) but she is good.

I have arthritis, quite advanced, in my right shoulder. Back on serious painkillers and have an appointment for an injection. Doctor will do it (mum thought I would have to go to the hospital where I had my hip operation, on the opposite side of the borough). She thought doing as much as possible with my left hand was a good idea. I am hoping this will allow me to do some embroidery with my right (I had taken some to show her as seeing how small the stitches are shows more of what is involved - both for movement and eyesight).

So we have a diagnosis. The pieces of the kaleidoscope have shifted again. I will wait until I have had the injection to see how things are and think about possible ways to carry on my business (any other employment options are reduced still further by the arthritis). Also need to develop and put in place strategies for housework and everyday stuff. I know I have said this before and I have taken some steps eg using smaller boxes to store things as the larger ones are now too heavy to carry when full.

Today I am grateful for lovely doctors, for smiles from a toddler and the energy of a young boy at the surgery (it was not difficult to guess that it was his mum who was ill).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport