A little home to call my own

Options

Comments

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Kitten:) Oz sounds amazing! How long are you going for? I love planning trips away and checking out all the things I can do where I am travelling to. It makes the waiting less painful:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,629 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the transfer :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    84p TT and another £100 transferred to House Fund this morning:)

It is that time of the month where everything starts coming in and going out of the bank accounts after a boring few weeks of no movements.

Waiting for my first interest payments to come through from my FC ISA today after I opened it last month:T

Popped into town yesterday to do a few errands, so thats a few jobs knocked off my list.

DS3 Annual Review at school today, plus a meeting with the head beforehand. Lots to talk about. Should be interesting.

But this morning, housework beckons...

JD x
    November NSD's - 7
  • Unicorn_cottage
    Options
    Hiya JD

We started chatting in your thread a while back but then I got distracted - probs looking at ways to make some extra pennies! Well done on the house deposit fund so far.

I am on the paying off the mortgage mission - well at least a chunk of it. I need to get the outstanding balance down as much as possible so I can afford it comfortably when I come to remortgage as my salary has dropped quite a bit.

I am in the South West at the mo but my partner is from Newcastle and the pull is strong so am sure we will make a move up north in the next 5? years. Would you consider the North East? My partner loves the Northumberland coast but it was making me shiver seeing the snow drifts there over the last few days!!!

As I have lived all over, (Cambridge, Sheffield, Glasgow, Bristol, London - the list goes on!), I'm dead interested to see where you end up putting down roots.

And just another thought that popped in my head the toll on the bridge between South Wales and Bristol is coming to an end at the end of this year so a good place to buy if had the cash!
    "Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits" Thomas Edison
    Following the Martin mantra "Earn more, have less debt, improve credit worthiness" :money:
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope the review goes well.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Hey Unicorn:) Good luck with the mission! I have no fixed plans as yet, I guess wherever is reasonably priced. I have lived in the same area on the south coast all my life, so I haven't tried out any other areas. I am pretty flexible about it, but it is still six years away, so a lot could change!

Beanie - review went really well, thanks. Lots of positives:)

A small amount TT to the travel fund and a few pounds interest on the house fund this morning. The totals are moving up, slowly, but they are moving upwards:)

DD birthday today. 14. Where does the time go? Takeaway for dinner tonight:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • beanielou
    Options
    Glad review went well.
    Happy birthday to DD :)
    As you say where does the time go!!
    My DS is 25 this year.
    A quartee of a century :eek:

• JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Morning all and Happy Mothers day to all mums out there!

Just about to start my third 12 hr shift in a row so haven't got long on here this morning. Working tomorrow too but a shorter day. Will update all financial doodads on Tuesday/Wednesday when I am off:) So tired right now, but looking forward to my two days off:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You too , enjoy your days off :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • JAMIEDODGER
    edited 12 March 2018 at 5:56AM
    Options
    Up super early this morning as my body decided I'd had enough sleep! I did go to to bed at 8.30pm though:D

Just a half day today then off for two days:)

As I am up so early I decided to sort the banking and have adjusted my signature. House deposit fund now stands at £2308.26:T Almost at 5% now:j:D Travel fund total is £53.42 which is 2.14%. Those TT's sure add up!

I have a couple more payments to the House deposit fund planned for this month which should push me over to 5% saved. March should be a good month. April however, will be expensive as it is MOT and servicing plus I need new tyres on the van:eek: Swings and roundabouts so they say.

JD x
    November NSD's - 7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family