We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A little home to call my own

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,978 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your time off :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A small TT of 14p and ISA interest of 1.39 to add to totals this morning:)

Finally a day off:D

Lots planned this morning, I need to pop into town to do a few errands and also order a Tesco delivery for later on this week. I need to do some housework too and catch up on the washing and paperwork.

Only just over two weeks until my Easter break:T
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Ok so a successful day:)

Managed to get a Tesco delivery booked in for Friday after work.

Popped into town and picked up all on my list, plus a visit to the office and managed to get another 24hrs worth of work booked in for this weekend.

I am thinking of retraining so have been researching that this afternoon before our new social worker turned up. Very positive meeting and talk of future plans when DS3 moves over to adult services in a years time. Still, plenty of time to think about what is going to happen post 19 but I am confident we will find the right placement for him:)

Washing up to date and made a start on the paperwork.

Tomorrow will be a Lidl meat shop first thing then more paperwork and some housework and a few phone calls to make. Seeing Bf in the afternoon:)

Payday on Friday so will be moving some more money into the House Fund account:) Yay:T
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    A small TT this morning and I had some money left in account before payday so managed to send £100 to ISA. Adjusted signatures to show new amounts:D So close to that 5% now:T

Even though it is such a long time away before I am in a position to buy somewhere I still like to browse online to see what is available in the area I'm looking at. It seems there are loads of properties that are in my price range, but who knows what the market will look like in six years time. I just hope house prices don't increase faster than I can save :eek:

Off to do some more browsing to feed my house addiction....
    November NSD's - 7
  • beanielou
    Options
    Always good to look :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    It's payday:T

Transferred a small TT to the Travel Fund and then moved across final amount to my ISA, plus interest received brings total in house fund to £2660.89 :D I have reached my 5% goal for March:T:D:T:j I only have to do this another 19 times and I will have enough money for a house :D :rotfl:

I am hoping to reach 10% by the end of July, so fingers crossed:)

I do have to be very careful with the remaining money for the month so that we have enough to last, but careful planning and no waste or buying of unnecessary stuff should make this possible:) However I do have DS1 birthday money and meal to pay for so it will be tight!

It feels kind of strange sometimes, when you look at the current account and feel a bit poor knowing you only have x amount to last you for the remainder of the month, but you look at your savings and think wow, I am not actually poor at all:D

Off for another cuppa before I get ready for work. Have a lovely day everyone x
    November NSD's - 7
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    The 'feeling poor. But being rich is me all the time.
    It's called 'ynab broke' here. Ynab says I can't spend much, but the actual bank account says wooohooo have a party.
    However, I am so much happier when I'm being a proper mse than when I'm just using ynab to record my transactions and wamming every 5 minutes to cover spending.
    Since coming back to mse
    Last July, I've cut my monthly food budget by over £50 and saved over £3k, mostly since I went back to work 1 day a week in November.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on the 5% :j :j

• daisy_1571
    daisy_1571 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can totally identify with that, we have always been 'broke' as we simply never counted our long term savings. Sometimes it came as a real surprise to remember we actually *do* have money - a really nice surprise tho rather than the sinking feeling of totting up debt so enjoy both feelings :)

Daisy xx
    2022: 3🏅 4⭐ 2023: 5🎖🏅🏅 🎖🏅6 ⭐⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion. Take hold of every moment - anon I'm a clutterbug butterfly 🦋 The difference between what you were yesterday and what you will be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If you aren't already using something in your home, you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney
  • linz
    linz Posts: 1,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ha, I sound exactly like you - come payday, move money into savings leaving enough for living costs and then feeling like i'm poor for the rest of the month ! Well done on reaching 5% and halfway towards 10% :)
    #2 - Save £2024 in 2024
    #35 - Save £12k in 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family