A little home to call my own

Options

Comments

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks AFK:) I am a firm believer in focusing on your dreams and making them happen x
    November NSD's - 7
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Good luck - am sure you'll achieve it :) xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better.

Good luck :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    £1 TT this morning:)

I have adjusted figures in signature slightly to show new totals as I am now saving for the Travel Fund in the account I was previously saving the TT in. Still waiting for the £70 refund to come from SP then will add that to my final House Fund payment for the month and send to savings:D

Ebay sale ending today, so hoping for a couple of pounds to come in from that:)

This coming week will also see the £10 bank bonus from TSB hit my account which will be sent to Travel Fund:T

I have a Tesco delivery coming this afternoon, which, fingers crossed, will be the last large shop of the month. Menu plan for the remaining 10 days of Feb is already done, and I will now have everything I need to complete the plan:D This should see me come in well under budget for the month:j

Back to work this week. It's been a lovely break but now I have itchy feet and need to get back to it :rotfl:

Ongoing List:

Collect pet meds
    Finalise pension transfer
    Ironing
    Do toiletries/cleaning/meds list for march
    Kids prep for back to school
    Make cottage pie for dinner tomorrow

JD x
    November NSD's - 7
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Wow that's an impresssive amount covered on a fairly tight budget, I wish I could persuade some of my lot to travel with me!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Morning all:)

Officially back to work this morning, but I haven't been allocated a shift yet, so just waiting until a message comes through:)

Finally the £70 SP refund payment came in today:T I took some of it and added it to the last amount to be sent to the House Fund from my normal budget, taking my total in that account to a nice round £2000 and reaching the target I set for Feb:j This is 4% of the total needed:D I won't be sending any more to the house fund this month so the total will not be increasing until March (boo).

The remaining amount of the refund (£20.96) I sent to the Travel Fund, along with this morning's TT of 12p:D

I am still waiting for £10 from TSB which will be sent to the Travel Fund when it comes in. My ebay item sold:T and the proceeds will also be transferred as soon as I have posted it and I know what is left but it will be around £5:j:beer: Every little helps:rotfl:

DS3 is on inset day today, but DS2 and DD are back at school/college, so it will be much quieter in the house for a few hours which will leave me time to get on with a few jobs on my list:cool:

JD x
    November NSD's - 7
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    Wow that's an impresssive amount covered on a fairly tight budget, I wish I could persuade some of my lot to travel with me!

Thanks NG.

DS3 is Autistic so doesn't have a choice. Where I go, he goes ;)

DD will only be 15 when we take our trip, so likewise:)

So less like persuasion and more like enforced family bonding :rotfl:

Wicked me:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good for you :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • JAMIEDODGER
    Options
    Small TT this morning of 4p:rotfl: Plus money from eBay sale. Both sent over to Travel Fund. Total now £27.85:T A long way to go to reach the £2500 I need but off to a great start and plenty of time to achieve my goal:)

Back to work this morning as I now have a full week of shifts booked up:j

Looking over the budget for this month and it has been expensive:eek: I have had some larger expenses that have come up during this month, but this is not a problem, some months are high saving months and some months are lower, but it all balances out in the end and over the course of 2018, I should still reach all of my savings goals. Next month should be better as it is a three pay month for me as I get paid fortnightly.

My grocery budget is one I am particularly pleased with for Feb. With only eight days left in the month, and through sheer determination to reduce the stock pile and eat our way through our reserves, I am still way under £300:T

Anyway, all is on track for 2018 being my best savings year ever:D

JD x
    November NSD's - 7
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    In awe of your groccery spends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure