🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Let's do this!

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have snowdrops on my lane which to me is always a sign Spring is on the way:).
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Munchin wrote: »
    I have snowdrops on my lane which to me is always a sign Spring is on the way:).

I can feel myself become more optimistic when the first signs of spring arrive. I'm not a fan of winter at all so perhaps there's relief there too!
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Evening everyone, I can't believe it's Sunday night already :(

Hubby and I took the pooch for a walk this morning. I tested out the phone holder I'd got from Noodle Campus during the drive and it was great. I submitted my review and let Noodle Campus know, and I've now been able to order something else! There wasn't much on there I could use so I went with a fancy-looking skipping rope as I could do with getting some cardio in :rotfl:

Hubby made cottage pie which will do us for three meals. He also did us a lovely roast chicken dinner and we used some of the frozen veg which was taking up the freezer. We had to buy the potatoes from Aldi, but they also got used on the cottage pie and will do for other dinners.

Pooch came back from our walk fairly muddy so she got a bath. I'm a bit paranoid about this alabama rot that's going round, so even if she'd just got a bit of mud on her paws I'd have washed them as I'd hate for her to get ill.

I did look upstairs to see if I could get rid of any books, but we gave a load to a charity a few months ago. The rest of the books are ones to do with my job so I don't want to get rid of those.

I've put some clothes on preloved as I resent paying ebay fees for the small amounts I'm asking for each item. But, if I have no luck on preloved I'll try them on ebay. I'm itching to get rid of all the clutter from this house!
  • Lilith1980
    edited 19 February 2018 at 10:08PM
    Options
    What a lovely morning...the dawn chorus was loud and clear; I haven't heard it in months. Another sign that spring is coming :)

It took me ages to get to sleep last night. We went to bed about 10.30pm (which is late for us) and I was still awake at 11.40pm :( I do have trouble sleeping sometimes when things are on my mind. Felt a bit tired today as a result. I seriously didn't want to go into work today, I was sat in my office and had a little cry just looking at my office and contemplating the fact I sit in a "box" most of the day. What am I doing?? An ex-work colleague, and more importantly friend, rang me later today and we were talking about how we both felt the same about our careers and life in general. That made me feel somewhat better. I'm hoping the answers come to me eventually about what to do.

Redeemed £5 from Swagbucks so I'll pay that off the MBNA card once it comes through. Had an email from Natwest saying my account switch will be done by Friday. I was starting to get nervous as I get paid the middle of next week and didn't want things coming out of my old account when there was nothing in it.

No more decluttering this evening but I'm going to be looking at the recipe books we have in the kitchen as neither of us have looked at most of them in years! I may go through and take pictures of the recipes I think we'll use and then try and sell them.

Hope everyone has had a good start to the week :)
  • Lilith1980
    edited 20 February 2018 at 8:57PM
    Options
    I've been checking my finances. I'm not sure how I've done it, but I should only have one more direct debit coming out between now and payday. Assuming I have to spend money on a small top-up shop in the meantime, I should have about £50 left! It's amazing to think that was all going on unnecessary snacks/drinks. Don't get me wrong, we're still buying them but we've cut down a lot. I don't think it'd be healthy to deprive ourselves.

So, whatever amount is left in my bank just before I get paid will be paid off my MBNA card. I bet they can't can't believe I'm paying it off without spending on it. I think this is the first time in many months where I haven't gone into my overdraft :rotfl:

It was a beautiful sunny evening. It was nice to have the window open in the car on the way home tonight :j

Second lot of cottage pie eaten tonight; we'll finish it off tomorrow. Then the homemade soup can come of out the freezer and we'll eat it on Thursday evening :)

Did a declutter in the kitchen. Found a number of cookbooks which have sat at the back of a cupboard for years. Most had mould on them :eek: but there were two we kept which we still use. I got hubby to clear out the "man drawer" he has in the kitchen which was full of random receipts and paperwork, not to mention nuts and bolts. He did really well throwing stuff away. but then wanted to get back to his laptop after I rudely interrupted him :rotfl:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    More decluttering going on, you will have everything done soon. I love cottage pie always a favourite.

Great news that you have money left over at the end of the month , more money for debt busting .

It was so nice gong to work in the light and coming home in the light today.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    Thanks Cumbria, yes I love the light nights/mornings. Really helps my mood :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,729 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Lilith1980 wrote: »
    Thanks Cumbria, yes I love the light nights/mornings. Really helps my mood :)

Me too :)

Good nnews on money to pay to MBNA :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Me too :)

Good nnews on money to pay to MBNA :)

Thanks Beanie :)
  • Lilith1980
    Options
    I am so tired today. I was in a meeting this afternoon and the room was so warm I thought I was going to go to sleep :rotfl:

I think I've been going to bed too late. We normally go about 9.30pm but I've been staying up until 10.30pm and then normally having trouble going to sleep. I think it's catching up with me.

Been doing lots of surveys this evening but I've done a few for My Survey and I've got to the end of a few and clicked "submit" and it says "session expired". Then when I checked, my points haven't been credited :mad: I've spent about 20 minutes on each survey as well, grrr!

I got fed up and decided not to do any more this evening. I think it's possible to do "too many" surveys. I can get easily obsessed!

The last of the cottage pie has been eaten. I found a half full tin of baked beans at the back of the fridge which was still ok so instead of having my pie with veg I had extra beans. It was very nice! :rotfl:

Homemade carrot and coriander soup is on the menu tomorrow night. I may pop to the local shop in a minute to see if I can get some YS bread or rolls to go with it :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure