Things can only get better

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,379 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Sunday folks :)

Miserable rainy day here - so annoyed after being stuck indoors in a stuffy office all week when it was red hot. Forecast is for it to be hot and sunny again once I've gone back to work :(

Got plenty to do indoors today: finances, meal plan, cleaning up, sort my holiday stuff out, the list is endless so I won't be bored LOL.

For a very short period of time only I've got the house to myself. DD has just gone to work and Mr SA has gone to Lidl on his scooter in pursuit of some sandals he saw in the flyer that are "just what he's been looking for". I've already been out once in the rain today to take the dog on the park and have no plans to get soaked again.

Anyway must get on. Hope everyone has a good day.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The weather is shocking today isn't it. I think we will be having a day indoors too!

Hope you have a good day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hope you have a lovely day :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Enjoy your peaceful time alone in the house! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,438 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Weather truely dire here too :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could it be the fizz causes MrS tummy problems and he prefers it flat?
    It sounds like things are bobbing along nicely at your new job. How long have you been there now?
    The weather was not good here this morning but brightened up until about 5 minutes ago - it's now bouncing from the heavens.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Been in my new job 2 months now Milann. I do like it but it can be boring at times as it isn't as busy as my last role despite me getting paid more (for the same organisation). Not sure about the flat beer - I just think he likes to see a full glass whether he finishes it or not. Eyes bigger than his belly as my mum used to say :)

Mr SA bought his sandals and a shirt from Lidl. The shirt is going back tomorrow as he bought it a size too small. Guess who's taking it back - not him!!!

SIL is on holiday for her 60th. Forgot to send card so she could take it with her. Mr SA was vague about when she was going so a bit cross with him.

Cautionary tale about high street shopping versus online - I had seen a lovely bag in Dotty P's £22. Thought I might treat myself on payday. Just checked it out online in case there was a discount - it was £13 online - same bag. Quite shocked at that - massive difference!!

Best part of the day now - it's stopped raining finally. Sun will be back out tomorrow once I'm stuck back inside the office. Only a 4 day week though. Friday off to go to friend's house for gin and Prosecco afternoon :)

Only 3 weeks to holiday now :j:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,438 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Blimey that is a big difference in the price of the bag :eek:
    Hope you got the cheapest version!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    I've ordered it to be delivered to store Beanie - and went through TCB too so got a bit of cash back:)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Holiday will soon be here!

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback