We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That does sound pretty cool! :beer:

I think it might be on my phone still. I might put it on youtube, just for kicks.
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 33,213 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just done a memory one (had to be on iPhone/iPad) which involved downloading an app, and the app closed down on me two from the end. There was a question about any issues, so not sure if that was meant to happen or not
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did anybody do the Tong Wang one with the "average £3 bonus"? "Make judgements and guess", that one. I got £2.67... Better than a slap in the face with a frozen fishfinger, I suppose.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Options
    Snap! I got £2.67 bonus from Tong Wang as well. That was the one where you had to guess how many other people would give the same answer as you, wasn't it?
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    Did anybody do the Tong Wang one with the "average £3 bonus"? "Make judgements and guess", that one. I got £2.67... Better than a slap in the face with a frozen fishfinger, I suppose.

Somehow, £4.22
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Smodlet
    Options
    Sure was, CJ. I just could not see the point of deliberately lying about something that was so clear. It either was or was not worth more than $10, right? Unless they were not getting the same information as we were, despite (what I understood from) the instructions. Whatever, it's all money, right?

ETA: Well done, onedaysomeday. I guess the three of us are averaging out at roughly £3, then. Did you say they were all agreeing with you to every question?
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    I can't quite remember how I worked it out -
    I think it was along the lines of if I got shown <$10 and most of the 50 days were at that price, I said they would agree with me. If it was a small amount of the 50 days at that price I said they would not agree with me (chances are they would get shown the other price if only a small amount of days were <$10)
    That was my logic anyway whether it makes sense or was correct :rotfl:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Somehow i managed to get more than the £3 as well
    Congratulations!
    The researcher Tong Wang has awarded you a bonus.
    Your account has been credited by £3.82.
  • mikep22
    mikep22 Posts: 1,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    allison445 wrote: »
    Somehow i managed to get more than the £3 as well
    Congratulations!
    The researcher Tong Wang has awarded you a bonus.
    Your account has been credited by £3.82.

T.Wang!....Sorry....I'll be quiet....
    Debt: May 15: £17335 Jul 16: £13874 Jan 17: £11,606 Dec 18: £8,308 Sept 19: £4,969 Jul 21: £890
    :beer:
  • Smodlet
    Options
    I did not even consider the number of days... Colour me thick!

Well done, guys.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure