Prolific Academic Survey Alerts

Options

Comments

• Mum161111
    Mum161111 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 8 May at 7:14PM
    Options
    Anyone else finding more and more studies just lead to a blank g00gle page when clicking on "start" ?

Yes:  This Study, "

A study about moral judgments

By yale.edu"  I reserved a place and attempted to start straight away.  When I clicked to start I was taken to this link:  

http://google.com"  The link opens Google.  I sent a message to The Researcher but, so far, I have not received a reply.  I waited until I was about to be timed out and Returned the Study.  I let The Researcher know.
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MollyR said:
    When you get one of those, it's often worth refreshing the page every few seconds.  It means they can only accept a certain number of users at anyy time, but when one finishes another can start.

Yes I've had those sort, but I've tried that with these Start on a red box ones and never got anywhere with them. There's a limit to the time one wants to waste trying to get onto a study that won't load properly.  Researchers should use better software.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,082 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a red box full study. Was going to leave it a couple of minutes then try again. Got distracted by stuff and went back to my laptop an hour later and managed to open the study. It took 20 minutes to complete, got a completion code but prolific wouldn’t accept it as I had “timed out”. Messaged the researcher with the completion code but haven’t heard back yet. If they won’t pay up I’m tempted to withdraw my consent for them to use my data!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • onemouseplace
    onemouseplace Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone else finding more and more studies just lead to a blank g00gle page when clicking on "start" ?

Yes, I had one of those yesterday.  I just returned it and said why in the box.  It's getting to the stage where there are so many problematic studies that I've stopped messaging the researcher unless I've spent time on it already.
  • olliebean
    olliebean Posts: 598 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 9 May at 6:46PM
    Options
    Worst payment rate I've ever seen:

Attitudes towards wealth and taxing wealth

By Oli Richardson
    £0.15 • £0.83/hr
    10 mins
    0 places
    Interview

The description actually says "The interview will last up to 30 minutes," which makes it potentially worth only 30p/hour. No mention of any bonus payment for the time. (Also the maximum allowed time is 13 minutes, so it could potentially time out and you'd get nothing.)
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 10,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    olliebean said:
    Worst payment rate I've ever seen:

Attitudes towards wealth and taxing wealth

By Oli Richardson
    £0.15 • £0.83/hr
    10 mins
    0 places
    Interview

The description actually says "The interview will last up to 30 minutes," which makes it potentially worth only 30p/hour. No mention of any bonus payment for the time. (Also the maximum allowed time is 13 minutes, so it could potentially time out and you'd get nothing.)

Was about to say the same thing. It's currently showing 77p per hour with average completion time of nearly 12 minutes.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,082 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I generally find that low paying surveys usually get some sort of adjustment based on the time taken. The researcher underestimated the time and prolific must have some mechanism for checking on this. I'm often getting adjustments of 1-5p.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Havrey0123
    Havrey0123 Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did anyone do a survey 3 months ago there was a bonus of £5 paid straight away after the survey or £7 if you wait 3 months.
    I've waited 3 months and still not received it
  • Andrew30000
    Andrew30000 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    elsien said:
    \Once a study is approved, has anyone ever had the researcher trying to retrieve it?
    Had an AI study - "Read conversations between a tutor and a student" which paid £15. I started it but then got a technical problem and couldn't continue so I returned it - only spent a few minutes on it instead of the hour it was meant to take. Didn't bother  messaging  the researcher.
    Just noticed it's been approved for the full £15, Which is very nice but wondering what happens if they decide they've made a mistake?
    I had the same, happy days
  • Value
    Value Posts: 172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did anyone do a survey 3 months ago there was a bonus of £5 paid straight away after the survey or £7 if you wait 3 months.
    I've waited 3 months and still not received it
    Me too. I wasn't sure when the 3 months were up though it must have been about now and I'd not remembered.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback