Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    I think if you open it online you don't get one, if you open it in branch or by post you do.
    Either way, I apologise to EachPenny.

No problem. In fact my post was not completely correct - in the case of Issue 3, because it had matured I was able to make a closure request (in writing) without sending in the book, provided I accepted the proceeds in the form of a cheque sent to my registered address.
    Westie983 wrote: »
    Interesting, I opened Issues 3,4 & 5 and all had or have passbooks, I opened them via post so maybe you only get one if you dont open it in branch.
    I opened 3 & 4 in branch and 5 online, and got books for all. :huh:

Perhaps there is something in the inital process of joining Leeds which determines how subsequent account openings get processed?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • GreenBitterfly
    Options
    I also opened Issue 4 in branch and received a passbook. But I opened Issue 5 online and didn't get a passbook.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,896 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AirlieBird wrote: »
    For all you Virgin Regular Saver addicts, time to make an appointment. Issue 10 now available. Everything as previous issues.

Thank you AirlieBird

I called in at 2pm this afternoon, and they gave me an appointment for 4pm.

Now up and running, and first payment made online

frogletina
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • pinkneonmartini
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm hoping you will be able to help.

My Nationwide FlexPlus 5% account matured on the 2nd May, the interest cleared yesterday.

My understanding is that now that 24 hours have passed I can open another 5% account now named Flex Regular Online Saver.

I've seen on some older posts on the forum that some people have automatically had their existing pot transferred into the new account when it opens. Is this still the case? I've checked the terms and can only see the specifics regarding the maximum monthly payments of £250 but not about transferring an opening balance with a lump sum?
    Debt@LBM1=£4050 1st DFD 27/08/09 :D Debt @LBM2 =£14,469.97 2nd DFD 14/03/2018 :T
    Make £10/day Y1£3.5k Y2£3k Yr3£4k Yr4£1.5k
    DFW NERD 1068 :cool:
    Avios 78,000 :D
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My Nationwide FlexPlus 5% account matured on the 2nd May, the interest cleared yesterday.
    FlexPlus is a current account with no maturity date.

Assuming that you have a Flexclusive Regular Saver that has matured; yes you can open another Flexclusive Regular Saver today, but you can pay in only £250 per month. You'll have to find a new home for the rest of the matured lump sum. There is no automatic renewal.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My Chorley BS 12 month RS from May 2017 matured on Wed 2 May. I received my maturity cheque yesterday (3 May) by first class post. Good service. The maturity amount was £6,086.22 (12 payments of £500 plus £86.22 interest). This was a variable rate RS. The rate was originally 2.5% but rose to 2.75% on 1 December 2017. It's a pity that Chorley do not currently have anything to replace it but I still have the 12 month Chorley Festive Fund RS from October 2017 paying 2.25% variable (£500 per month max).
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My Santander RS which was due to mature today has turned into the Everyday Saver but the interest has not been credited yet. Does it happen overnight?

This is the 2nd time i have had the 5% RS from Santander and I seem to remember the interest been credited immediately this time last year.
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My Santander RS which was due to mature today has turned into the Everyday Saver but the interest has not been credited yet. Does it happen overnight?

This is the 2nd time i have had the 5% RS from Santander and I seem to remember the interest been credited immediately this time last year.
    Same with me. £2,400 converted to Everyday Saver on Tuesday and £64 odd credited on Wednesday.
  • Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,407 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I have made the following change for this weekend's update.

- TSB Classic Plus current account (in the feeder account section) interest rate increased from 3% to 5% from 3rd May 2018

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here
  • fun4everyone
    fun4everyone Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Same with me. £2,400 converted to Everyday Saver on Tuesday and £64 odd credited on Wednesday.

Yeah I got it today. Cheers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport