Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    You will not be able to change the SO date from HSBC online account by yourself anyway.

If my memory serves well, to change the SO date you will need to call them or do manual payment. But based on people experience it will not earn any interest if it is paid on earlier date.

You can delete the standing order and set up a new one though.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For the weekly review of Post 1 - two of the Chorley accounts matured last year.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    Looks like a the same product as last year.

ID restrictions in place

https://www.thetipton.co.uk/our-savings/savings-accounts/fixed-rate-savings/
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    The Tipton BS rolls forward their RS product's fixed maturity date, for new starters, every few months so that the tenor is always around 12 months.

The first page requires updating to the 31/1/21

Mine matures in two weeks time and, providIing currently at ~£6,560 earning 2.00%.

Ditto
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    The Tipton BS rolls forward their RS product's fixed maturity date, for new starters, every few months so that the tenor is always around 12 months. Savers are only allowed one Tipton RSA at any given time. Mine matures in two weeks time and, providing they handle the maturity smoothly, I'm minded to renew it. It's currently at ~£6,560 earning 2.00%.

So I have (wife) the Tipton RS maturing end Jan 20. Looked on website and noticed new issue. Rang them up about maturity and they said would hear 2 weeks before with options (next couple of days). Asked whether options would give new application and they said no need to wait and apply now. Sent cheque and application in post and it was cashed straight away. So my wife has 2 reg savers overlapping. Against the terms they publish but not customer concern.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    edited 16 January 2020 at 11:26PM
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    So I have (wife) the Tipton RS maturing end Jan 20. Looked on website and noticed new issue. Rang them up about maturity and they said would hear 2 weeks before with options (next couple of days). Asked whether options would give new application and they said no need to wait and apply now. Sent cheque and application in post and it was cashed straight away. So my wife has 2 reg savers overlapping. Against the terms they publish but not customer concern.

I am not quite sure whether there will be an overlap. My previous experience with other building societies with similar case like this is that the will delay the opening date of the account. In your case they might open it on February 01, 2020 after your first RS mature.
  • Fingerbobs
    Fingerbobs Posts: 1,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The Tipton BS rolls forward their RS product's fixed maturity date, for new starters, every few months so that the tenor is always around 12 months. Savers are only allowed one Tipton RSA at any given time. Mine matures in two weeks time and, providing they handle the maturity smoothly, I'm minded to renew it. It's currently at ~£6,560 earning 2.00%.
    I'm in the same one maturing at the end of this month, and currently I'm not planning to renew.
    I may open another one later in the year if I have a 'dry' month, but I'm targetting the higher-rate ones at the moment, and only looking at 2% ones if they're easy-access or allow early closure.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I am not quite sure whether there will be an overlap. My previous experience with other building societies with similar case like this is that the will delay the opening date of the account. In your case they might open it on January 21, 2020.

There is an overlap.

Cash chequed already and maturity not until the 31st.

Assume your ref to 21st is a typo.

Thanks to Arsenalboy for the heads-up - appreciated.
  • where_are_we
    Options
    You can open a Tipton 2% fixed regular saver by post and fund £500 per month by standing order. However there is no online access - only a passbook. What is the experience of MSE posters who have done this?
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    Options
    There is an overlap.

Cash chequed already and maturity not until the 31st.

Assume your ref to 21st is a typo.

Sorry I did not realise that the cheque was already cashed. So you are right it might be an overlap.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure