Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• surreysaver
    Options
    GPK10 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone have thoughts on using Chip as a regular saver? It could be £600+ per month at 3-5%?

I have been using CHIP to provide the Direct Debits for my Co-Op current account since Tesco announced the withdrawal of theirs. As it is paying 3%, I was thinking of putting some more money in it, rather than just the £6 or £7 it takes automatically each week.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    Virginmoney E Regular Saver Issue 3

Still got problems with my Virginmoney E Regular saver that was supposed to mature on 20th Feb. Sent closure instruction on 22/2 after interest had actually appeared. Money arrived in nominated account but now access denied to matured regular account. All previous others have matured into read only accounts that are still visible. Anybodyelse had the same problem. I can not believe what a bunch of clowns Virginmoney are turning out to be- there are problems with every issue. Seriously think their IT department are a bunch of idiots - make me wonder how safe is their access security if they can not even organise accounts maturing.

Thanks for this posting. I'm finding the continued reports of Virgin Money making a mess of these regular savings accounts very offputting. For the extra interest over and above a one year bond or even the best instant access account elsewhere I'm beginning to think that the Virgin regular savers aren't worth the hassle.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Virginmoney E Regular Saver Issue 3

Still got problems with my Virginmoney E Regular saver that was supposed to mature on 20th Feb. Sent closure instruction on 22/2 after interest had actually appeared. Money arrived in nominated account but now access denied to matured regular account. All previous others have matured into read only accounts that are still visible. Anybodyelse had the same problem. I can not believe what a bunch of clowns Virginmoney are turning out to be- there are problems with every issue. Seriously think their IT department are a bunch of idiots - make me wonder how safe is their access security if they can not even organise accounts maturing.

That happened on my Issue 2. Took about a week to become read only.

I'm quite happy with the Virgin accounts having had no real issues (set my closure request in advance). The more complaints they get, the less likely they are to keep offering new issues.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    IanManc wrote: »
    Thanks for this posting. I'm finding the continued reports of Virgin Money making a mess of these regular savings accounts very offputting. For the extra interest over and above a one year bond or even the best instant access account elsewhere I'm beginning to think that the Virgin regular savers aren't worth the hassle.

Love Virgin and their :eek: IT system.

4.5% is not to be sniffed at. :D
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • granta
    granta Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Love Virgin and their :eek: IT system.

4.5% is not to be sniffed at. :D

Confused...how is it 4.5%?:)
  • karlie88
    Options
    granta wrote: »
    Confused...how is it 4.5%?:)

Double interest payments on their reg savers for those who opted for annual interest.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Double interest payments on their reg savers for those who opted for annual interest.
    I'd imagine there's only so many times they'll write off the debit balance though. Surely they won't do it with issues 4 through 9 and beyond. And we can't expect them to?
  • karlie88
    Options
    Surely they won't do it with issues 4 through 9 and beyond.

That's what I thought when it happened with issue 1...and issue 2...and issue 3.

Issue 4 and beyond...who knows? But the odds look good.

I highlighted the issue on two separate occasions and I'm sure many other people have too. I don't expect them to carry on, but whilst they can't/won't fix the problem, then I'll enjoy the (4.5%) ride.

:)
  • granta
    granta Posts: 349 Forumite
    Options
    That's what I thought when it happened with issue 1...and issue 2...and issue 3.

Issue 4 and beyond...who knows? But the odds look good.

I highlighted the issue on two separate occasions and I'm sure many other people have too. I don't expect them to carry on, but whilst they can't/won't fix the problem, then I'll enjoy the (4.5%) ride.

:)

Thanks, I understand having now read previous posts! I missed out on those Issues.
  • veryintrigued
    Options
    I'd imagine there's only so many times they'll write off the debit balance though. Surely they won't do it with issues 4 through 9 and beyond. And we can't expect them to?

I have their Man Utd RS diarised to mature in March
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport