Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• JamesRobinson48
    Options
    Hi Folks,

Here is this weekend's update.

-Nottingham BS Special Regular Saver Issue 7 added to post 3 paying 2.25% on up to £250 per month (and max £4,000) until the end of February 2020, branch only, interest rate is variable and you cannot withdraw any money until 1st March 2020 so they could in theory drop the interest rate and your money will be stuck in the account (in practice this is unlikely to happen)

I will do another update in about one and a half weeks' time.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page

Hi SS2, and many thanks. I think there's a small typo above: the new Notts RSA pays 2.50% (not 2.25%). The table at the start of your thread has it correct though.
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Booked my appointment to open a Notts BS Reg Saver. I'll have to pay more attention to their website than I do Virgin's!
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • fun4everyone
    Options
    How long does it usually take a bank transfer into a leeds building society regular saver to be credited in the leeds account?
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How long does it usually take a bank transfer into a leeds building society regular saver to be credited in the leeds account?
    It's credited the day it's received (assuming a bank business day) but won't appear via the on-line system until the following day.

[Actually, for some accounts, it's possible to check that funds have been received after a few hours - the available balance amount changes to account for the received funds.]
  • fun4everyone
    Options
    pafpcg wrote: »
    It's credited the day it's received (assuming a bank business day) but won't appear via the on-line system until the following day.

Thanks that makes sense.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Nowadays it is becoming more difficult to track all of this RSAs especially with so much information which keep changing.

I have been having this RSA since September 2016. In my spreadsheet I have a note that this RSA is paying 2.55% up to £7250. So as long as below £7250 it will keep earning 2.55% Is this information still correct ? Thanks for your info ...

More or less right. I spoke to somebody at Leeds BS on 30 October about this account. Yes it pays 2.55%, but the guy told me that the maximum account balance allowed for paying interest had been pushed to £7500.

He also informed me that this account would be closing in January 2019.

In light of this information I amended my Standing Order to continue paying into it until January next.
  • johnmoney05
    johnmoney05 Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Nowadays it is becoming more difficult to track all of this RSAs especially with so much information which keep changing.

I have been having this RSA since September 2016. In my spreadsheet I have a note that this RSA is paying 2.55% up to £7250. So as long as below £7250 it will keep earning 2.55% Is this information still correct ? Thanks for your info ...

Max is £7250, Matured on 1 Feb 2019
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

-Nottingham BS Special Regular Saver Issue 7 added to post 3 paying 2.25% on up to £250 per month (and max £4,000) until the end of February 2020, branch only, interest rate is variable and you cannot withdraw any money until 1st March 2020 so they could in theory drop the interest rate and your money will be stuck in the account (in practice this is unlikely to happen)

I will do another update in about one and a half weeks' time.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
    O opened mine yesterday, and they said you can withdraw the money, buy if you do, the interest rate paid is 0.1%
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Max is £7250, Matured on 1 Feb 2019

I have some further information regarding this account, after speaking with a member of staff from Leeds Building Society this evening.

The lady I spoke to told me that the account closes on 31 Jan 2019, and that the maximum balance can be £7250, plus any accrued interest.

Interestingly, she said that whatever the balance is now, that it is possible to add to it to bring the total balance up to £7250 plus accrued interest, so no need to drip feed this one any longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure