Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• arsenalboy
    Options
    I for one read this thread constantly as I have for a number of years. I do not object when the topics occasionally drift from pure regular savers to allied products etc etc, although others do.

What I do find unnecessary is when posters use it to have personal feuds for whatever reason....just saying.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Are you referring to your multiple TSB Classic Plus current accounts? :D Feel free to draw out this conversation...
    Absolutely no idea what TSB Plus accounts have to do with it. If you read back, you can see that I was commenting on your post. I have the same rights to comment on this forum as you have.
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    My wife received her maturity cheque today together with passbook for new account.

They rang her a couple of weeks ago to go through the procedure for the new account etc etc. They mentioned that due to high demand they could be behind in issuing maturity cheques for the old account. However they said if this was the case they would be making an additional payment to compensate.

True to their word they have added compensation because the account was closed 2 days late. They added.....10p :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    My wife received her maturity cheque today together with passbook for new account.

They rang her a couple of weeks ago to go through the procedure for the new account etc etc. They mentioned that due to high demand they could be behind in issuing maturity cheques for the old account. However they said if this was the case they would be making an additional payment to compensate.

True to their word they have added compensation because the account was closed 2 days late. They added.....10p :rotfl::rotfl:

that explains the extra 21p - Chorley obviously loves me more :rotfl:
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    arsenalboy wrote: »
    I for one read this thread constantly as I have for a number of years. I do not object when the topics occasionally drift from pure regular savers to allied products etc etc, although others do.

What I do find unnecessary is when posters use it to have personal feuds for whatever reason....just saying.
    Can I suggest forumites wind their necks in and get back to the thread titles?

All I did was highlight a workaround with regards to obtaining a Saffron BS Reg Saver for those who don't live within an easy reach of a branch. The post was welcomed by the majority.

But then you get a reply like this:
    colsten wrote: »
    Yes I do. That's the beginning of the end of that loophole, then. Sigh.

What does a reply like this achieve?

The whole ethos of this site and forums are to give and receive money saving advice. Yet colsten feels the need to post a reply like the above.

Thanks to some homework and a little experimenting, I am currently benefiting from two loopholes/glitches on reg savers - none of which have been posted on these forums. One is double interest on a reg saver (not VM) and another is a technical glitch that allows multiple reg savers to be opened (of the same issue). Fortunately, my family members are also benefiting from these.

I've been in two minds whether to post on here about them for several months. On one side, I see no harm in a few hundred/thousand of people taking advantage of them - I doubt the glitch would come to light especially if posted within the depths of this reg saver thread with minimal discussion about them. But then I am reminded by posts like colsten's which came across as ungrateful. It can be seen across several forums/boards and not just by one user.

I recall a similar situation when Spec (gratefully) highlighted that there is no need to pay the £1 monthly fee on a Santander 123 Lite current account in order to get the 5% reg saver. A couple of silly responses later and Spec began to question why he divulged the information in the first place.

No more replies from me about this topic - promise. :)
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • RSNut
    RSNut Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Academoney Grad First Post
    Options
    Special Regular Saver Issue 7 available. Interest 2.5%. £250 per month deposit. Maturity 29th February 2020.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Branch based account. Before we get too excited.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    RSNut wrote: »
    Special Regular Saver Issue 7 available. Interest 2.5%. £250 per month deposit. Maturity 29th February 2020.

Annoyingly I was in St Albans on Saturday and noticed a Nottingham ...

It says something when you go off your usual patch and notice the building societies and banks as you walk along ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 6 November 2018 at 11:17AM
    Options
    GULFSTREAM wrote: »
    {removed by Forum Team}
    Helluva first post.
  • arsenalboy
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Helluva first post.

A first post for somebody who joined the forum in 2009, that is a long time to keep quiet?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure