Party Plan

Options

Comments

• glitterkandy
    glitterkandy Posts: 203 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2010 at 10:14PM
    Options
    You can post a link, but not a referral link, so I'd alter or it's likely the whole post will be deleted.
    thorsoak wrote: »
    I started as an Independant Consultant with Neals Yard Remedies two months ago - the start up costs are £95 - for a kit worth over £200, and you do not have to commit to a certain number of parties in a set number of weeks. I've reached level 3 (having 4+ parties and sold over £700) within my first 2 months and have received rewards of £35 and now £55 - plus of course my commission of 25%.

I'm enjoying it immensely - lovely products, lovely people.
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can post a link, but not a referral link, so I'd alter or it's likely the whole post will be deleted.

Thank you - I've altered it :beer:
  • springwater1
    Options
    "Hi all, ok can someone please let me know of a few party plan / work from home ect, that do not charge to start up, or are not to much to start up"

Hi, I'm also looking to start with a company with no start up cost.
    However i wouldn't mind doing more parties to meet targets to pay for the kits ect..

I personally feel a little worried about paying to start up & not being able to get enough parties / order's to refund my pocket.

Plus other then 2 companies: Body shop @home & Avon - The rest look like scams.

Partylite are a candle and accesories direct selling company, who DO NOT charge a start up fee, you get a kit full of products and stationary to get you started. your first £300 in sales clears your kit, then you earn 20% commission on the sale thereafter. There are NO delivery charges and you DO NOT do the deliveries, this is all sent direct to the hostesses. There are NO crazy sales targets to reach, and you work where and when you want..no dictated areas that you are not allowed to go into. People use our products and return for more...not just buy something for the sake of it and put it into a draw never to be used again! You start within your freinds and family, and get full support and ongoing training. This is a fab company i joined 10 years ago "just a little extra money!"i now earn £50+ an evening or daytime for 3 hours work,BUT you can try with this company an if you dont like it you walk away.....40% staff discount, and you OWN your kit you DO NOT rent it!
  • Looneylee
    Looneylee Posts: 302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Hi all, ok can someone please let me know of a few party plan / work from home ect, that do not charge to start up, or are not to much to start up"

Hi, I'm also looking to start with a company with no start up cost.
    However i wouldn't mind doing more parties to meet targets to pay for the kits ect..

I personally feel a little worried about paying to start up & not being able to get enough parties / order's to refund my pocket.

Plus other then 2 companies: Body shop @home & Avon - The rest look like scams.

It all obviously depends on what sort of products you would enjoy selling. I personally wouldn't recommend you just join a company because of a low start up fee, or free kit, unless you love their products. If people can see how much you love the product, they are more likely to buy with your excitement and enthusiasm :D

I sell Usborne Books which are fab! The kit is £38 for around £140 of books/stationery, BUT you can now get a full refund on your kit if you place 6 party orders within your first 6 weeks. Obviously along with ending up with your kit for free, you'll also have earnt lots of commission along the way.

Good luck in finding something that is right for you :)
  • u751904
    u751904 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As an alternative take on signing up with someone. it is possible of course to buy your own stock and apply a part plan approach. For example there are wholesalers on the internet who sell cosmetics. The mark up is quite a lot. A lot more than the starting comission of some of the examples given above. Of course the down side is that you have to buy and store the stock yourself. HAving said that I do wikaniko becuase of the commision structure. It is the % of commission at the end of the day and what you feel you are going to bring in. Some frankly just aren't bothering about and you end up not earning much or spending a lot each month to keep in the agreement.
  • chaz25
    chaz25 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi I am currently doing Avon and I'm looking for other brochure type selling to also do alongside my Avon.

Is there any other suitable companies which offer brochures? (except kleeneeze)

I'm thinking maybe good priced books, baby items or homeware like candles etc
    Things that are small enough for me to deliver along with my Avon and things my Avon customers will like

Any thoughts appreciated!
  • Peter_Pan
    Peter_Pan Posts: 791 Forumite
    edited 28 May 2010 at 10:14AM
    Options
    Have you looked at Wikaniko, eco-friendly products household products, they do toiletries and cosmetics as well but you may be able to find more customers within the area who don't order Avon but might like the organic cosmetics or the natural toiletries. There are also other brochure companies that may work well alongside what you are already doing.
    We love what we are doing and we love why we're doing it!!
  • JennyJewell
    JennyJewell Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    Options
    Hey PRINCESSX87 :)
    Just scanning through posts and having a read :) Did you have any joy love, did you find anything to suit your needs love?
    Jen :)
    Everything happens for a reason :)
  • PatHIverson
    Options
    Interesting. I've never heard of this before. Thanks for the posts..

Pat
  • mrsmoneyworries
    Options
    chaz25 wrote: »
    Hi I am currently doing Avon and I'm looking for other brochure type selling to also do alongside my Avon.

Is there any other suitable companies which offer brochures? (except kleeneeze)

I'm thinking maybe good priced books, baby items or homeware like candles etc
    Things that are small enough for me to deliver along with my Avon and things my Avon customers will like

Any thoughts appreciated!

Have you thought about Phoenix Trading - you can do this lots of different ways - one of them being brochure drops with your avon - I know someone who does this.

Good luck whatever you choose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure