Party Plan

Options

Comments

• parapusher
    parapusher Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Hdingy, I thought there was no-one out there going to reply. I had the party at the beginning of March. I thought about offering a gift worth up to 10% of the takings but in the end I took a homemade cake for her for as a gift, so she could use it at the party or for her family. She seemed happy with that.
  • the_mum
    the_mum Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    MillieCat wrote: »
    Are there any party plan companies that dont make you commit to a certain amount of parties eg bodyshop want 4 parties in first 4 weeks

I am a consultant for The Pampered Chef, I love it! Anyway, you have as long as you need to do your first 4 parties. IF you do them within your first 4 weeks, you do get a bonus, but its not compulsory.
  • Little_Miss_Naughty
    Options
    I have been trying over the last two weeks to find out more about Jamie at Home party plan. I have looked at the website etc but would really like to talk to people who already do it.

I am new to the area that i live and therefore don't have many friends / family to get me started. How easy do you think it would be to get the first 4 bookings needed? Do the company help at all? Do the products sell well? Are there any hidden costs etc

If you have any info it would be greatfully recieved.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #601
  • RC_46
    RC_46 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. Can anyone who does FM perfumes please send me a PM so I can email some questions away from the forum?! I have found a few posts with FM mentioned, but most of the posters only have a 2 or 3 post history, so I don't want to bother anyone who doesn't post here or deal with FM anymore! Thank you!:D
  • LizD_2
    LizD_2 Posts: 1,503 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Little Miss Naughty - have you tried contacting a local Jamie rep to see if they would answer your questions? I would personally be wary unless you have a long list of friends who'll have parties for you - maybe ask your current friends if they'd be willing to hold parties before you commit yourself to any party plan business. If you're looking to start from scratch, be prepared to put in a LOT of hard work and possibly money to building up a customer base.

RC_46 - the reason most of the FM posters only have one or two posts is either because they've signed up purely to recruit (against the rules of the forum) or say how wonderful the company is. Sorry if that sounds cynical, but it's usually the case.

That said, a lot of people (not all, before I get flamed) who are doing well in a business like this will tell you it's easy, you'll make lots of money etc, because they're desperate to recruit you and they probably have found it easy. You have to remember that any business takes hard work and time to get going.
  • ACID
    ACID Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Options
    how can i jon partyplan/ or have i missed something

long thread to read through/.
  • ACID
    ACID Posts: 1,209 Forumite
    Options
    LizD wrote: »
    Please stop posting your contact details, new members - this is not a recruiting ground. Your posts have been reported.

goign the right way to be a mod lol
  • 1012donna
    1012donna Posts: 11,517 Forumite
    Options
    ACID wrote: »
    how can i jon partyplan/ or have i missed something

long thread to read through/.

It depends which company you wish to join. You should find a consultant from the company and talk to them.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club Member No. 68
  • Moonbeam
    Moonbeam Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    MillieCat wrote: »
    Are there any party plan companies that dont make you commit to a certain amount of parties eg bodyshop want 4 parties in first 4 weeks

Most ask you to commit to something - with Miglio it is at least 2 parties in the first 3 months. They all vary, but I would think more about selling a product that you want to. That way you should find parties easier and booking them a simpler process rather than worrying about how many parties you need to do in a set time.

Hope this helps.
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    edited 14 April 2010 at 11:18AM
    Options
    CS rep need permission to post NatalieNatalie. Post 242 from icejewell0ry reported as :spam:

Rule

MSE TEAM PERMISSION: CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPARTMENTS

Company representatives are actively encouraged to post on the forum to provide good customer service to MoneySavers. They should not be using the opportunity to tout for business. We need to know in order to legitimise it. Where permission has been given for a company/person to specifically post there will be a note from the MSE Team. If someone has posted claiming to have been given permission but this has not been followed by a MSE team note please report it to [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback