PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Any particularly good ones to recommend, please?

I started to watch the TED talk about the mirror today.:) It might not have been this thread on MSE!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Bike Fisher! Wow ... he sounds like a good guy to know.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Aged parent has agreed to move to mine, where we can look after her and help make her life more fun. Journey to this decision exhausting, but now optimistic. 😃
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Big hugs Catshark, a tough decision and probably some challenging times ahead but hope there are also lots of good things ahead for you all.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I know one thing that I can get rid of is a dehumidifier that doesn't seem to do much. I'm hoping a charity shop would take it.
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :) Any particularly good ones to recommend, please?

Sorry, was that about the YouTube thing, I just read back.

I like:

Sarah Nourse,
    More Melody,
    The Messy Minimalist.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I like my dehumidifier on if I need to dry washing upstairs on the landing, the moist air has to go somehwhere and it has a laundry setting. I don`t use it most of the year but as long as I have room, it will stay and move with me. I also have a humidifier as it is a life saver when the air gets too dry and makes my eyes sore

I also have three electric di longhi oil eco electric heaters and they are good, very accurate if I use the thermostat. Bought two more after dh died as I could not be bothered with filling/cleaning the stove for ch. I have 2 on standby now, to eke out the wood pellets and one tucked into a wardrobe but am thinking this third one will be very good when I get my insulated shed/workshop in my new house

I also have an air cooler, wonderful when I cannot cope with excessive summer temperatures downstairs and a quiet fan on a pedestal which cools me down when in bed. Oh, such a lot of electrical equipment but I would regret getting rid of any of it. They all have their uses
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    I like my dehumidifier on if I need to dry washing upstairs on the landing, the moist air has to go somehwhere and it has a laundry setting. I don`t use it most of the year but as long as I have room, it will stay and move with me. I also have a humidifier as it is a life saver when the air gets too dry and makes my eyes sore

Yes, we have a problem with mould in our bathroom as it doesn't have a window. We just got the bathroom fan replaced so I will see if that makes a difference.

The dehumidifier I bought has to be plugged into a laptop (I obviously didn't read the details when I ordered it!) so it isn't really helpful for the bathroom. Someone else will want it hopefully. Some of the charity shops around here take electrical goods.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    oh dear wednesday, I never knew there was that sort of dehumidifier

I am drying lots in my warm utility room today, switched the mechanical ventilation system on to draw the moist air up and out. It will be crammed full of washing soon

Tinned/packet food for KM later. I have in date tins of good stuff but have overkill as I went on a costco blitz at one stage. They will be going into the local food bank box when the rain stops. I am just filling a large canvas bag now
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I did quite well today. Another bag collected for donation, the dehumidifier, a glass jug, two scarves, a pair of sunglasses and my book, once I read the book!:D

Bins emptied and recycling out. I did clean out an empty mushroom punnet to keep to put all my floss in to tidy up my drawer.

Air freshener used up and binned. I'm not using one downstairs now so I only have one left. Old style coat hanger found and binned.

I did find a few clothing items that I could give to charity, but I'm going to keep them and use them as nightwear. They are soft vest tops and cardigans so they went in my pyjama drawer.
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A broken, old freezer has gone out into the garden for collection by the council tomorrow morning.

I’m trying to give an antique clock away via Faceb00k. If none of my friends want it, I’ll pop it into the charity shop.
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure