PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Wednesday2000
    Options
    I went through my wardrobe again, two blouses, a cardigan, a jumper, a skirt, a dress and seven tops into two donation bags.

:T
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have just boxed up 11 books for webuybooks.com. only a fiver but it all adds up:)

Ooh not heard of that...will take a look. Thanks. Every little helps ....
  • catshark88
    catshark88 Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    MKing is like peeling an onion. You do a whole “pass” through the categories in the book and then after a brief rest, are able to peel another layer away.

This round is definitely tougher, but it helps giving things to friends and good charities. Today a friend has agreed to take a whole kitchen for her rental property. It wasn’t to my taste (at all), but is fab quality and hopefully will give her tenant a really nice kitchen to use.
    "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." William Morris
  • SimpleLiving
    Options
    Must have got rid of 7 bags of stuff this month. I am simplifying every aspect of my life from clothes, stationery, & house stuff to the allotment. Nice simple straight rows of veg for me this year.....no trying to impress others with fancy planting schemes or exotic veg!!!!!:)
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,678 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    catshark88 wrote: »
    MKing is like peeling an onion. You do a whole “pass” through the categories in the book and then after a brief rest, are able to peel another layer away.

I look forward to completing that first pass :rotfl:

I'm sure it's because the second time around, you have developed your decision making capabilities and if something doesn't look right, it has less places to hide ;)
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    short_bird wrote: »
    ... if something doesn't look right, it has less places to hide ;)

And there is less stuff to disguise it too :)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Curtains in the lounge to be decorated (thick lush red ones) are coming down and will be laundered. they are then going in the other lounge ( :o we have two) to replace the ones there (thin white ones with a stain - also :o). other lounge will have its carpet cleaned at some point and the orange pine bookcase will be painted to match the rest of the furniture. A rug that I kept for Justin (another :o) is coming out of storage to hide where DD burnt the carpet with the iron :mad:

This makeover will mean that that lounge will be good for a couple more years...

Thin white curtains will be laundered, and i will see if I can get the stain out - then donated to the chazzer.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have just boxed up 11 books for webuybooks.com. only a fiver but it all adds up:)

They seem to have an extra 10% extra offer on this weekend. I have used ziffit in the past but only when they too have a offer on. Recently found that my local clothes weigh in will take any book including childrens and pay 45p a kg. Have to be usable and not falling apart - better return on bog standard paperbacks than the online companies and will take old cookery books, hardbacks etc. I have 2 bin liners full and counting to go just as soon as I do another cull of the shelves:D I have taken to CS in past but they seem to be inundated at the moment:o
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    has anyone fallen in love with a kindle? I have a paperwhite in a drawer and can already see gaps appearing on my bookshelves, not wanting to add to them, I am thinking of trying to get used to kindle for future books, fiction at least

Some items went this morning, equivalent of a kitchen shelf, large metal teapot, large plunger coffee pot, big bulky hand held back massager and sundry bits. Haven`t used any of them for two or more years
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VJsmum wrote: »

Thin white curtains will be laundered, and i will see if I can get the stain out - then donated to the chazzer.

I bought some cheap ready made curtains in the N*xt sale to replace the old thin unequal length ones that we had up in the office - these curtains I made for the bedroom when we lived in another decade,city,country in the 1980's. I brought them with us when we moved here to a small terraced cottage with tiny windows and used one,cut down, for the bedroom again. We moved again 27 years ago and I put them up in the office "just for now" - their unequal length didnt matter, only a room for work and study. I had to explain all this to my OH who complained that I had spent £20 ( RRP £60) replacing them - the linings where beginning to perish because of the sun -:mad::mad: And he went onto say how much he liked the fabric of the old curtains........I give up:rotfl: Well no I dont but YKWIM:D
    I am happy that they owe us nothing. Testament to the quality of the H*bit*t fabric though - its only the lining fabric and header tape that has perished.Going to unpick lining and tape and put in textile recycling, wash the fabric and make OH a pair of shorts a la Sound of Music seeing he likes it so much:rotfl::rotfl:
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure